Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / First 250 Words / Re: First 250 Words

Re: First 250 Words

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / First 250 Words / Re: First 250 Words

madison26
Participant

This is a little strange for me, to have people read my work. This is what I have so far. You can be tough on me, I can handle it. 🙂

The summer sun nearly blisters my pallid skin. Tans have been pretty much impossible my whole life. It is unusually warm this summer in McCall. Little old, boring old McCall. Oh how I dream of the day I will be out of this little town. There’s just one problem, I have to finish high school first. This is my senior year and then I’ll be going off to college across the country. My dream is to move to a place where everyone is different, New York City.
I’m riding my bike to work since I don’t have a car yet. Eighteen and no car, how embarrassing. Oh well, that’s the way it is. My dad isn’t like most kid’s parents around here, he’s not made of money. Drew isn’t my real dad but, he adopted me when I was just one week old. He’s an amazing dad and I love him a lot. I never had a mother. Drew never married and I never knew my real parents. I am thankful every day for Drew.
The pavement seems never-ending as I make my way downtown toward the “Coffee Clutch.” When I get there, it looks like someone dumped a bucket of water on me. Ew! I hate sweat. Having been through this several times this summer, I brought a change of clothes with me. I’m glad I always think ahead.
There’s sweat on my forehead and back, soaking my shirt. My skin sticks to the seat of my bike, so…