Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / First 250 Words / Re: First 250 Words

Re: First 250 Words

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / First 250 Words / Re: First 250 Words

Chiaki
Participant

@downeynl I agree with Fabienne about starting with the finger flexing 🙂 Though at the same time, I really do love your first sentence! The conflict is awesome and the varied sentence lenghts really add to the effect ^.^ It creates that dark atmosphere… The first 250 words also make me want to continue reading because I want to know whose life the MC will choose. Maybe the book is about the after life, if he chooses his own life? And why does he need to weigh the importance of another human’s life out, anyway? Very smart tactic you’re using there… >.>

@Fabienne I really like your first 250 words XD They instantly grabbed me in and left me with a bunch of questions. “why i she wanted?” “her face is all over the city…what could she have done?” “maybe she murdered someone?” “and if she did, was it justified?” It also had a definite sense of personality. (especially in this line: I´m wearing that damn ponytail again)

🙂