After editing two different WiPs (one finished, one unfinished), I have decided that these are my favorite qualities in my leading men:
1. Tall. (No explanation necessary. )
2. Grew up in a loving but quirky family. (Weirdly enough, all of my MMCs have lost their fathers at one point or another. I should fix that once I start writing Novel #3.)
3. Geeky/ nerdy.
4. Great sense of humor.
5. Loves food… but very particular about his coffee.
6. Well-respected by his peers.
7. Gentlemanly for the most part, but can be a very, very bad boy if he really wants to be one.
8. Has a kind heart, either way.
9. Stands by his woman.
10. Above all, no matter how many times he gets knocked down – and yes, he always get knocked down – he always comes through in the very end, and be a better person for doing so.
– Wears T-shirts and pants well, especially over flannel button-downs
– Sounds terrible when doing karaoke
– Skin must be sensitive enough to get hickeys easily (LOL)