Home / Forums / List of Forums / Publishing Advice & Help / Advice on the Dreaded Synopsis?

Advice on the Dreaded Synopsis?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Publishing Advice & Help / Advice on the Dreaded Synopsis?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ecathers
    Participant

I’m getting ready to send my baby off into the world. Naturally this means I have to write a synopsis. I’ve read about fifty sites on writing one, and although I’ve condensed my 300 page ms to barely over 3 pages (which is what the agent I’m considering asks for). I’m not sure that I’m happy with it.

According to all the sites I’ve read I need to have my synopsis in omniscient present tense viewpoint and still “keep the tone of my story”. Since my book is written in a snarky 1st person viewpoint, I don’t have the slightest clue how I’m supposed to do this.

Especially since 3 pages leaves just the minimum of room for the twists and turns of the main plot. (And yeah, that’s with subplots and minor scenes cut out.)

Any suggestions?

Also does anyone know of sites that has example synopses that worked?

suebelle
    Participant

http://queryshark.blogspot.com/

This place is great. You can watch as writer’s rewrite their query and get comments.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.