Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Am I The Only Guy Around These Parts? *nervous laugh*

Am I The Only Guy Around These Parts? *nervous laugh*

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Am I The Only Guy Around These Parts? *nervous laugh*

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

mattreeves
    Participant

So…

I was on this nifty website called Twitter tonight. And what do you know, a tweet came up. *Seriously, what are the odds?*

It was a link to a new website advertising a space for authors to find helpful critiques. Conveniently, it came at a time I was at a loss as to how to find a good crit partner.

Then of course, as I was about to sign up, the name caught my attention more closely.

“Ladies Who Critique”

Ladies? As in… not men?

After some desperate searching, I finally found the FAQ page and noticed that men were in fact also welcomed, contrary to impressions.

So, now that I’ve apparently joined some of the first members of this site, I’m wondering if I’m the only guy around?

Either way, it’s nice to meet everyone and I look forward to getting to know you all better. πŸ˜‰

-Matt

lyrwriter
    Participant

Hey Matt,

Welcome to LWC! I’m glad to know the website doesn’t discriminate, in spite of the title (I was a little concerned about that, I must confess—perhaps they’ll consider renaming it when it gets out of beta?).

As for your question, I’ve no idea if there are any other guys hanging around. I think I’ve only interacted with other women up until this point, but that isn’t to say they don’t exist.

At any rate, we’ll see you around the forums! πŸ™‚

laura
    Keymaster

Hi Matt, Welcome!

You’ve read the FAQ’s so you know our reasoning behind the site’s name. We love that you are here – have a great time!

– Laura

Dawn
    Participant

No, there is another guy. I think he’s in the SF/Fantasy group, though. I’m also hoping my husband will join this site, but I doubt he will.

Tracy Rohlfing
    Participant

Hi Matt, welcome!

No I saw Eric on the first sentences forum yesterday

http://www.ladieswhocritique.com/members/erickiangael/profile/

I’m also trying to get my friend Sean on here.

Jani
    Participant

Welcome Matt! It’s good to see a male around here. Maybe you can help encourage more to join.

ellenfaith
    Participant

Welcome!
    I hope you start a trend of men joining this group πŸ˜› You seem out-numbered here, haha.

Dawn
    Participant

The hubby is NOT joining the site, because he’s just not ready for people to see his WIP (which he hasn’t even touched in forever). I finally found this out after he gave me excuses like “I feel like I would have to have something completed” etc, which I easily rebutted. Guess he’s not interested. Oh well no surprise there. Gives the chance to talk about him lol.

kebrown
    Participant

Hi Matt! I really hope more guys follow you here cause, imho, dudes give some of the most solid feedback πŸ™‚

Dawn
    Participant

my husband joined. mwgcshad0fx =D

mattreeves
    Participant

@zdemarco Awesome. πŸ˜‰ That deserves a party, no? *pulls out streamers and balloons*

Chiaki
    Participant

Welcome, Matt πŸ˜€ I saw someone named Joseph post on the Science Fiction and Fantasy the other day. Welcome to LWC and sorry for not welcome you earlier, lol. I don’t go on the YA forum much πŸ˜›

Chiaki
    Participant

*welcoming

gwen
    Participant

Hey, Matt!
    Glad you are here! Welcome!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.