Home / Forums / List of Forums / Memoir / Anyone out there interested in reading the first 5-10K words of my Memel/Novoir

Anyone out there interested in reading the first 5-10K words of my Memel/Novoir

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Memoir / Anyone out there interested in reading the first 5-10K words of my Memel/Novoir

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

sue-k
    Participant

That would be a Memoir read as a Novel (since I wrote it in 3rd person and had to change the names to protect the innocent!). A friend describes it as ‘nice Southern girl meets control freak.’ Hardly a new topic on the market, but the tale is completely true!
    What would really help me from any of you critque-ing ladies out there is, first and foremost, Do you want to turn the pate? I’d also like to know where you start skimming (not a good sign…). I can send the first few chapters in pdf or doc format. The manuscript is not in final form but it’s easy enough to read, I think.

I’d be glad to return the favor, of course, but I’m not interested in sci-fi, YA, Christian, or horror

coladaja
    Participant

Possibly. Interested only because I endured and recovered from mental, social, psychological, and financial abuse from a manipulative and controlling spouse but merely have copious notes on the time. My current human interest book is about a child I adopted in Thailand who was so extremely slow in his development that I was convinced he was severely intellectually deprived but who emerged as a highly intelligent son. The only other writings I have are memoirs of life with hopefully inspiring messages included for a blog I have just begun.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.