Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Anyone want to beta read a YA Fantasy/ Mystery/ Action novel?

Anyone want to beta read a YA Fantasy/ Mystery/ Action novel?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Anyone want to beta read a YA Fantasy/ Mystery/ Action novel?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

katie6425
    Participant

I am 15 years old and have completed three novels and a full-length movie. I teach a free creative writing class every Monday, which earned me a trip to Orlando, Florida this summer through FCCLA. ANYWAY, I was wondering if anyone would be interested in co-beta reading my YA Fantasy novel? I would be willing to edit yours, if you edit mine sort of deal, or you could just do mine if you like 🙂

Here’s the pitch of my story-

She no longer felt pain nor pity. She no longer had dreams nor aspirations. And because of this, she was undying.

Ada is an assassin, a particularly good one at that. After killing the Queen of Bernicia she is sent to the gallows to meet the only being viler then her, the devil. Somehow she manages to escape her dark fate and is plunged into a duel with the Queen’s suitor, Ethan. Swords clash and fists swing and just when Ethan is about to kill her, a piece of her hood falls and he sees those eyes. The beauty. The sorrow. The familiarity.

Meanwhile, the royal advisor, Simon, is appointed the task of solving a series of unsolved crimes in the kingdom. Seven crimes executed so well, that not a single clue was left behind. No accidental ones, anyway. Just eight numbers carved into each of their bodies. Eight mysterious numbers that no one can make sense of.

The King of Northumbria sees that Bernicia is weak, without a proper leader or any sort of hope. They are an easy target. He plans a secret attack on the neighboring country, but his confidentiality is short lived when Captain Thecla Challenge of the Neptune’s Detest, a close friend to the assassin, hears word of the pending invasion.

Now it is Thecla and Ada’s chance to rise. They refuse to see their country fall victim to a such an evil ruler as Northumbria’s. They form an elite group of avengers, equip with the most powerful people in Bernicia, to plan a counterattack on Northumbria. Among those people is Ethan.

Can Ada and Ethan settle their difference to save the thing they both love? Will Simon solve the crimes? Will Bernicia prevail? Find out in a tale of secrets, hate, love, and war.

dizzyspell
    Participant

I love the sound of this! If you’re still looking for a reader, I’d be happy to help.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.