Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Avoiding Writers Butt: September Challenge

Avoiding Writers Butt: September Challenge

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Avoiding Writers Butt: September Challenge

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

It’s September 1st.

I don’t know why but the first day of the month excites me. What’s going to happen in the next 30 days that are related only because they are defined by the word September?

Anyhow, off topic. I want to get active again. Exercising keeps my butt in shape and my mind sharp. I definitely notice a difference in the quality of everything I do, including my writing, when I’m exercising daily.

So I invite you to join my September challenge and get off our butts for at least an hour a day! I’m not specifying what or how: you can play golf, run a marathon or anything in between. Just be moving.

So who’s with me? Your butt will thank you!

Hermina Vass
    Participant

Same here. I tend to get overly excited on the first days of each month. But unfortunately as the sun sets it takes my enthusiasm to another time zone.

When I stopped being a pro athlete laziness took over. I guess, I can give it a try, though. 🙂 Starting tomorrow! 😀

chylu
    Participant

Agreed! I’m a runner and in a volleyball club so those are my main modes of exercise, but I’m not going to lie. 33 hit and my joints and feet want me to run a lot less. I think I might need to join a gym again for those in-between days. Either that or pop in the Davina DVD…

I *always* feel better after a run/workout. When I get my first trilogy book deal I’m buying an elliptical machine for those rainy days I can’t be bothered to go outside 😉

jessicafriday
    Participant

Count me in. I quit my daily jogging routine when I flew to visit my mother for the summer in June. I’m still here and I keep wondering why I feel so tired all the time. In the immortal words of Homer Simpson, “Do’h!”

laura
    Keymaster

Yay! Some support, fantabulous.
    Heading out to take Sunny dog for a walk soon. That will conclude my hour for today since we did 40 minutes this morning. Easy peasy lemon squeezy!

Jean Lauzier

I’ll suck it up and join. Now if Texas weather will just cool off a bit so I can get outside.

cehart
    Participant

I’m with ya! I’m walking on my treadmill every day! Woot! Woot!

laura
    Keymaster

Almost one week in! Howz it going??

robinhawke
    Participant

Does it count if I ride an exercise bike and watch reality tv?
    Robin

laura
    Keymaster

Sure Robin! Fresh air is always good but it’s whatever gets your booty moving!!

laura
    Keymaster

Halfway through the month!
    I have to confess I haven’t quite been getting to 1 hr a day, but somewhere around 45-50 mins. Now that the weather is cooler it’s easier to do. I’m joining a zumba class next week, can’t wait!
    Hows it going for everyone else?

cehart
    Participant

It was going well – until yesterday. [LOL] I played the writer’s butt game all day.

stella96
    Participant

I just gave in and started power-walking this week. Assuming that the weather holds up over here, I might even start with some run/walk intervals (a la Couch-to-5k) for the next few weeks. So far so good!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.