Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Beta Reader for Contemporary YA

Beta Reader for Contemporary YA

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Beta Reader for Contemporary YA

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

joybubble
    Participant

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for a quick beta read for my contemporary YA novel, LOVE YOU. My current CP had to dive back into her own manuscript and has to put mine briefly on hold. Would anyone be willing to give my novel a read and get back to me about pacing and characterization? Or really, anything else you’d like to comment on.

Let me know if you are interested.

Sixteen year old Lucy Zwindler is living every girl’s fantasy—and she hates it.

Forced into painting homes with Justin Marshall, the most drooled over guy in school, is not Lucy’s idea of the perfect summer. Lucy sees past Justin’s chiseled jaw with its always-there five o’clock shadow to his overinflated ego and manipulative smiles.

Every morning, Lucy is greeted with Justin’s fake chuckle and interrogation about her unbalanced, controlling friendship with Marissa and Lucy’s new boisterous boyfriend Zach. Justin wants to play god and, much to Lucy’s dismay, he becomes her un-wanted hero. She leaves him with a nice purple shiner for that one, but this only encourages him more.

Justin invades Lucy’s world and she can’t get away. Distracted, Lucy is blindsided when she interrupts Marissa’s wrapped arms around a strong neck where Lucy’s are supposed to lie. Zach fondles the ties on Marissa’s bikini as she points out that Lucy had it coming. Who doesn’t go down a guy who sends flowers? Social suicide.

Trembling and retching, Lucy is jolted into Justin’s unexpectedly open arms where Lucy’s going to get an education about real love, whether she likes it or not. But she’s not prepared for the startling and painful effects it has on her heart. Justin’s already taken. If she tells him, she risks losing him forever. If she doesn’t, she’ll never have a chance at forever.

LOVE YOU is a completed, 90,000 word contemporary YA novel that will appeal to fans of Sarah Dessen.

Erica
    Participant

If you’re still looking for beta readers I’m available! Feel free to message me 🙂

acortadino
    Participant

Hi Erica. I’d love to have you read my fantasy adventure novel if you’re still available. Please check out my website and see if this is something you’re interested in. If you don’t mind, please email me either way so I’ll know. Thanks so much!

http://www.valleyoftheshadows.net

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.