Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Beta reader/CP for futuristic YA novel

Beta reader/CP for futuristic YA novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Beta reader/CP for futuristic YA novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

staceyann
    Participant

Hey, I currently have one fantasy fairy tale themed manuscript almost finished (4 more measly chapters) and am working on outlining a young adult novel that I want to work on. I sometimes have trouble sticking to a story unless I have a deadline like nanowrimo to keep me going so I was thinking maybe if I had someone beta reading and helping me edit 2-3 chapters (maybe more if work permits) a month that would keep me on it. Let me know if you’d be interested and we could talk about it more 🙂 below is a brief outline of my idea so far:

In a world where you can choose what life you want to live, and live that life in your head in the time it takes your body to age a mere few months, then wake up and choose another, Rallie is a typical teenager. One who’s lived half a dozen lives already and is getting bored with the “mundane” choices he’s being given. He wants action in his life, real action, not the simulated kind offered by the ARS—artificial reality simulator—that only lasts no more than a year before he is thrust back into his boring life where his parents live out one scenario after the next without ever leaving their Sim chairs and his younger twin siblings are taken care of by an AI nanny.

When he tells his ARS computer to pick a life at random he at first does not realize that instead of living out some fantasy life inside his computer, his consciousness has been hijacked to power and control a very specialized space craft that is being manned by renegades who don’t believe that people were meant to live inside computers all of their lives.

aleigh
    Participant

Hey,

I’m a little confused as to whether you want help with your fantasy fairy tale or your YA book (or maybe both :). I’m looking for someone to help me out with my book and would definitely be willing to talk about working on yours. I’m a quick reader/worker and would probably have time to help with your stories pretty quickly.

If you’re interested, we can try and work the details out 🙂

Aleigh

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.