Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Beta readers needed for a YA fantasy

Beta readers needed for a YA fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Beta readers needed for a YA fantasy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

mary
    Participant

Hi critiquing ladies,

I’ve recently finished the second draft of a 75,000 word fantasy. It’s loosely inspired by a Hans Christian Andersen story, but the setting leans more to high fantasy than to fairy tale. The full blurb for the book is in my profile.

I’d like to find a couple people to swap beta-reading services with. My ms has been critiqued twice and revised, so I’m in the stage of needing big-picture feedback rather than line edits.

Let me know if you’re interested!

elferguson
    Participant

Hi Mary,

I like the sound of your story. I’d be interested in reading it. Do you still need a beta reader to swap with?

Thanks!
    Erin

hopeshines
    Participant

Right now I am just offering to beta read or critique without a lot of swapping-and I love reading YA fantasy if you want another opinion
    Hope

hopeshines
    Participant

Right now I am just offering to beta read or critique without a lot of swapping-and I love reading YA fantasy if you want another opinion
    Hope

jenny
    Participant

Mary,

I’m available for swapping, too (as long as you don’t mind waiting a few weeks for mine, since I’m in the middle of final revisions). Your blurb is intriguing–I think you’ll have good luck on the query trail. 🙂

Jenny

Anonymous

Hi Mary.

I just joined up but would be interested in swapping. I started querying last month, got a lot of full and partial requests but mixed/bewildering feedback. While I wait on several, hoping to work with a crit group. Beats hitting the GET MAIL button like a maniac.

I have weekly in my profile but can certainly make time for bi-weekly.

Sarah

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.