Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Betas found; thanks, ladies!

Betas found; thanks, ladies!

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Betas found; thanks, ladies!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

jsylvan
    Participant

Update: Thanks to an awesome response, I’m no longer in need of beta readers. Thank you!

Hi there,
    I’m looking for a few beta readers for my YA paranormal. Here’s the synopsis:

Eighteen-year-old Alice has spent the last year of her life in a hospital bed, held hostage by pain from a freak accident. Doctors can neither explain nor cure her condition, and her medical insurance is about to run out. Then, she’s offered one last chance—inclusion in a study for a revolutionary new pain medication. After an excruciating dry-out period, the study begins—and, miraculously, the medication works.
    There’s only one side effect—vivid, terrifying nightmares, in which she finds herself imprisoned in a pitch-black cell, with no memory of her identity or how she got there. At least, she thinks that’s all they are, until someone from her dreams shows up in real life—another study participant, Riley. His existence, and other sinister happenings which cross the boundary between dreaming and waking, force Alice to realize these are more than just nightmares.
    But the drug has brought her back to humanity. She’s begun reconnecting with her devoted boyfriend from before the accident, Jonathan. She’s in physical therapy, working toward a very real chance of walking again. Giving up the pill would mean giving up all these things and more, returning to a half-life of isolation and agony. Though the dreams threaten her life, she refuses to drop out of the study.
    By the time Alice has cause to reconsider her decision, it’s too late. Study participants are disappearing. Riley, for whom Alice has developed significant feelings, will be next. Their only hope is for Alice to journey deep into the nightmare-scape and confront the malevolent force responsible for their nightly torments—a journey from which she has little hope of returning.

I’ve been published before, through a small press. I’m now looking to make the jump to self-publishing, which is why I’d like a few completely unbiased people to take a look. It doesn’t need to be too in-depth, just your basic impressions and feelings on what’s working and what isn’t. In return, I’d be happy to do the same for you. Please message me if you’re interested!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.