Home / Forums / List of Forums / Book Marketing Help / Book trailers, love ’em or hate ’em?

Book trailers, love ’em or hate ’em?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Book Marketing Help / Book trailers, love ’em or hate ’em?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

Would love to know your thoughts! Check out today’s blog post and leave a comment!

Book trailers… what’s your take? Plus, some ideas to make a good one!

mary2
    Participant

This is the first time I have seen a book trailer and I love the idea. The trick is not to give away too much but at the same time make the characters exciting and the storyline gripping – you’ve managed both. Great work!

stolen1
    Participant

Oh, I love book trailers! If they’re good, the first thing I do is Google the author and read an excerpt. This is an excellent way to grab readers. I’m a visual writer and find ideas in pictures, songs etc. For me, working on a book trailer can inspire a chapter or element I hadn’t considered before.

Tiffany Metzger
    Participant

I think book trailers are a fun, interesting way to attract new readers, and a great way to integrate in to a society that thrives on sound bytes, video clips and “instagrams.”

tkmarnell
    Participant

I made a book trailer for my first novel because it was supposed to be the thing to do, but I don’t know whether it has done much good. I imagine it’s as effective as any other kind of marketing; it can be a good hook, but I wouldn’t count on it to bring readers to you in waves.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.