Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Complete YA Fantasy–Looking for CP via Blood Contract

Complete YA Fantasy–Looking for CP via Blood Contract

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Complete YA Fantasy–Looking for CP via Blood Contract

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

themadhouse
    Participant

Hello, hello!

I’m looking for a dedicated, excited, proactive CP. I have a YA fantasy novel complete at 85,000 words and in need of some fresh eyes. In short, it’s about two sisters vying for the winning slot in the prophecy their rebel mother left behind. I won’t beat you over the head with the premise, but it’s centered around piracy, oppressive monarchy, impending revolution, and general female badassery. Story-wise, it’s about identity and destiny–about how we all know, deep within, exactly what we’re meant to do. That is, if we have the courage to pursue our paths. (Aww, how cheesy! How did I think this would ever succeed?)

There are dramatic battles, wicked betrayals, steamy romances, and lots of adventurous, tropical hi-jinx. The novel alternates between the two protagonists. (And hey, if you like it, the sequel is almost done!)

I’m a quick reader and a good editor, and I would LOVE to swap manuscripts and get the critique juices going. If you’re interested, let’s talk! Light up that sweet comments section, and let’s get this adventure on the road.

All best,

Maddy

P.S. The blood contract is optional. Lifelong companionship, however, is mandatory.

characterfanatic116
    Participant

I’d love to trade manuscripts! I’m writing my first fantasy novel right now but also have a completed historical YA I would like critiqued as I’m trying to find an agent. I mostly write historical/literary YA if you’re okay with that, but your story sounds awesome. I have experience critiquing and if it works out I’d be down for life companionship (I’m a bit squeamish about blood though). Please check out my profile and let me know what you think!

Erin

characterfanatic116
    Participant

Also, forgot to mention I posted a while ago looking for partners for my novel–it’s a few posts back. You can read about my completed novel there (deals with a disabled brother, rebellious brother, alcoholic father, etc.). My novels and stories tend to deal a lot with family relationships, friendships, and personal identity, so it seems we might have something in common there. I can send you a query letter and/or synopsis if that would help too.

maeganelisego
    Participant

Hi! Your manuscript sounds amazing. I don’t have a completed manuscript yet (I’m still writing my own story about three orphan children desperate to break out of a contract and earn their freedom by journeying into a mythical kingdom), but I would love to comb through your story! I’m not as quick a reader, but I’m a good editor. I’m especially good at line edits (grammatical errors and whatnot), and I have a good eye for story inconsistencies and things that may seem out of place. Let me know if you would love to trade manuscripts!

themadhouse
    Participant

Hi!

So, I am like overwhelmed with responses at the moment, but if you want to shoot me your first chapter in an email, I’d be happy to check it out and get a feel for our compatibility as CPs! I can’t promise my responses will be super quick this week, as I’ve had about fifteen correspondences started and there’s a lot of reading and critiquing going down.

Thanks so much for your interest, ladies! Please DM me if you want to get an email correspondence going, and we can start there!

Best,
    Maddy

pipster61
    Participant

Hi Maddy,
    Your story sounds exactly like something I would read and if you are still looking for a CP I would be happy to run my eyes over it and give feedback.
    I also have a YA/Fantasy that’s almost at query stage and am currently in the process of cutting down the word limit, for like the millionth time 😀 but really want to get my first three chapters nailed down and would appreciate fresh eyes.
    Please feel free to PM me or email me at pipster_61@hotmail.com if you are interested in doing a swap.
    Cheers
    Pip

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.