Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP for YA Fantasy

CP for YA Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP for YA Fantasy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

katiefs
    Participant

Hi ladies,

I’m looking for a critique partner (or several!) for my YA fantasy novel TAMSARA. I’m happy to critique your work in return – I’m an experienced CP.

Here’s my current query. Let me know if it sounds like it might be up your alley, and we can swap some chapters and go from there!

Seersha is a handmaiden, loyally serving the Vishna who rule the city-state of Tamsara. These powerful women have the ability to perform the Vedra, a series of movements and poses that allow them to channel great power. Only a perfect body can perform the Vedra; high-caste girls like the petite Seersha who do not meet this ideal may still bring honor to their families by serving as handmaidens.

When Tamsara is invaded by the barbaric Khandun, most of the Vishna are slaughtered or captured, and the rest flee—except for Seersha and five companions, who are determined to take back the city and free the captive Vishna, who have been brutally maimed to keep their power in check. Knowing they will need every advantage to defeat the Khandun, the Vishna teach Seersha to overcome the limitations of her body and use the Vedra. Only Seersha can sneak unnoticed into the palace of the Vishna to teach the crippled women there to reclaim their power and rise up against their captors. But defeating the Khandun will take all their courage—and perhaps their lives.

TAMSARA is a young adult fantasy novel set in a world inspired by the culture of India. It is complete at 69,000 words.

lkress
    Participant

Hi Katie!

I am also looking for a CP for my own completed YA fantasy based on fairy tales (specifically Red Riding Hood.) I would love to help critique yours and I am also an experienced CP.

katiefs
    Participant

Awesome! I’ll send you a PM with my email so we can swap some chapters.

Anonymous

Hola Katie, I’d read your novel if you’d be another pair of eyes for mine. I’m very new to the whole writing thing. I don’t have a query, but i would send excerpt if interested.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.