Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP for YA Paranormal/Horror/Urban Fantasy- Book 1 of a Trilogy

CP for YA Paranormal/Horror/Urban Fantasy- Book 1 of a Trilogy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP for YA Paranormal/Horror/Urban Fantasy- Book 1 of a Trilogy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

lizzymcnazzy
    Participant

Hola. I am Lizz and I have been writing for 10 years, mostly family drama and women’s fiction. I have a YA Paranormal/Horror/Urban Fantasy that has agent interest (from a recent conference) but they suggested having a YA Critique group take a look at it. This MS was written during NanoWrimo. Beforehand I had extensively plotted out the novel. It needs work; some tightening in areas, expansion in others, and it needs a good eye for plot holes. I will gladly return a full critique or chapter by chapter. I have not been part of a critique group for quite some time. I have a critique partner but neither of us have written YA before and neither of us have been writing for a while- I am coming off of a 4 year writing hiatus. It feels like horror in places, paranormal in others. It is my first stab at writing YA. It is 95% completed. It is 1st person POV of the heroine. It takes place in Philly. It is a ghost story with paranormal/urban fantasy mixed in. It is about a girl who is haunted by the ghost of her mother. She searches for the truth behind the accident that killed her mother and left her physically scarred. She finds a whole world she did not know about and her closest friends are connected to her tragedy as well. Think Sense 8 meets Stranger Things. Thanks for any interest.

writerpj
    Participant

Hi Lizz, I’d be interested in a review swap with you. I’ve been doing NaNoWriMo for almost 10 years now, and finally getting to the point of editing some of the stuff I’ve written. I have a really rough first draft that I am grooming into a second draft to share with a CP. I have about 4 chapters ready to go so far, and am looking for a weekly or monthly chapter-by-chapter trade. It’s a YA comedy with an underlying theme of redemption, and the main farce deals with what happens when the head cheerleader and a popular (male) transfer student compete for a date to Prom with the quarterback. I have a fair amount of experience critiquing fiction and cover letters for friends and online fan fiction communities, but haven’t yet dabbled in commercial fiction. I’m also an audiobook narrator, so I’ve worked with a lot of authors from that angle. I enjoy giving thorough feedback on thematic issues, character development, plot loopholes, and other nitty gritty stuff. If you think you’d be interested in swapping a few chapters to see if it’s a good fit, let me know! Thanks! -PJ

lizzymcnazzy
    Participant

PJ,

I would love to exchange work. You can send me your first chapter to elizabeth_nazario@comcast.net. Looking forward to reading your work.

Lizz

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.