Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP for YA/Romance

CP for YA/Romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP for YA/Romance

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

shander
    Participant

Hello!
    Let me start off by saying that I am very new to this process.
    I’ve written one complete novel of 102,000 words, and am currently in the process of writing it’s sequel. I’m looking for a CP who doesn’t mind weekly emails, and can be honest, but constructive.

If you require more info, please let me know. I’d love to be a CP in return.

Here’s a blurb about my novel:

Charlotte Cooper has little idea of what love is. Her only role models for love are her best friend Joe and his family, as she was raised by an absent aunt after her mother died when she was twelve. Believing that she is unworthy of a happily ever after, Charlotte dates men who treat her less than she deserves.

Meet Andrew Wagner, an imperfect university student set out to show her that he is different than the others. They become fast friends, and with gentle guidance from Joe after a blind date goes horribly wrong, Andrew starts to court her. Slowly, as she shares pieces of her secret life, Andrew falls in love with her. While he wants to be more to her, he struggles to find balance between school, family and love. A loss of life pushes the pair together and for a while they find happiness together.

However, their different definitions of love and what it means to love unconditionally come to a head after Andrew spends a summer abroad and Charlotte crosses a line.

Andrew’s immediate reaction sends Charlotte running into Jack’s arms, an older man who can successful balance family, love and work, something Andrew struggles with. Jack is older, and puts Charlotte first, capitalizing on her vulnerability.
    Does Charlotte find love in stability or the unknown?

Anonymous

Your book doesn’t really seem to be YA. How old is Charlotte? How old is Andrew? Who is Jack and how much older is he?

shander
    Participant

In the beginning, Charlotte is 19, as is Andrew. By the end of the book, both are 21.

I originally had them as adults flashing back to this time in their lives, but decided to put that part into the next book.

Jack has finished his 7 years in law, and is 27 by the end of the book.

Anonymous

I think that would fall more into the New Adult or general Adult category then.

shander
    Participant

Thank you. I had no idea there was even a category called New Adult. 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.