Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP meet and greet

CP meet and greet

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / CP meet and greet

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

hollyswrite
    Participant

Hi everyone, I’m Holly. I’ve been in this YA writing game since 2009 when I wrote my first novel. I’ve recently come back after taking some time off and I’m on the hunt for a new CP. Mine have moved on in various ways over the years, and I’d love to find a new CP BFF I can bounce ideas off of and share our novels back and forth. I have worked with a couple of authors that wound up published with big houses, so I like to think that shows I know a little something. Ideally I’d like to find a CP that has at least a couple books under their belt, and is familiar with the industry. If that sounds like you, let’s chat!

breeanna-pierce
    Participant

Hi Holly!

First off, welcome back to the writing world! My name is Bree and I’ve been writing YA for what feels like forever. I’ve written four books, but I’m only just querying the first one now. I am somewhat of a research junkie and am on twitter way too much. I’m not sure when you say “familiar with the industry,” how knee-deep you’re looking for your CP to be, but I try my best.

If you’d be interested, I’d love to swap emails, maybe a few pages to see if we’re a good fit.

You can reach me at breeanna.j.pierce@gmail.com

Thanks!
    Bree

noellbernard
    Participant

Hi there, Holly!

My name’s Melanie and I’ve been writing YA since NaNoWriMo 2012. (Don’t worry, my writing’s improved since then. :p) That being said, I’ve written and completed a few novels in the past, and they’ve taught me a lot. Mostly they’ve taught me the importance of revision, which is why I hope to go back and re-do a few of those older drafts in the future. For now, though, I’m querying one book and re-writing another.

If your’re interesting, I would love to exchange chapters to see if we have compatible writing styles. Feel free to email me at noellbell{at}hotmail{dot}com

Hope to hear from you!

Melanie

sarahara
    Participant

Hi Holly,

Sounds like we’re looking for similar things.I’m polishing up my fifth novel, with an eye to querying in Spring, 2017. I am still looking for beta readers for that novel and as I embark on my next novel, I’d love someone to bounce chapters/ideas off in the developmental stage. Please let me know if you’d be interested in swapping chapters.

Sarah

jmosleytx
    Participant

Hi!

I know I’m a little late to the game here, but if anyone on this thread is still looking for a CP let me know. I’ve been writing YA since 2012 and am finishing up a novel that I’m hoping to query this year. I’d love to find a CP/Writing Buddy that I can work with long term and bounce ideas off of. Let me know if you’re interested in exchanging chapters.

Thanks!
    Jennifer

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.