Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / CP wanted for a Post-Apoc Romance

CP wanted for a Post-Apoc Romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / CP wanted for a Post-Apoc Romance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

scila
    Participant

I’m looking for a critique partner interested in reading a Post-Apocalyptic Romance set in a fictional Latin American country with a strong female lead that kicks ass and a flirty drug lord with a heart of gold. The novel is completed at 65k words, so I’m mostly looking for general impressions and thoughts on the plot, characters, the romance, and the ending. What works/what doesn’t.

Here’s the blurb:
    After a deadly disease devastates her country and robs of her of everything she has ever known, Isabel cares only about one thing: keeping her infected mother safe.

When rumors of a cure reach her desperate ears, Isabel will do anything to have it. Even if that means getting into bed with Diego, the charming leader of the Vargas drug cartel. Figuratively speaking that is. Once her initial plan of stealing the cure from his grasp fails, she sees herself at the mercy of one of the most powerful men left in Guavina. But instead of killing her, an intrigued Diego proposes a dangerous deal. One she cannot refuse.

She will take him to the quarantined island of Bonita, a place that still haunts her nightmares, or she’ll lose her only chance of having the cure.

With no other choice, Isabel embarks on a journey deep into the jungle with Diego—a man she doesn’t trust but holds the key to her salvation. And maybe, if she lets him, her heart.

As a critique partner, I enjoy providing feedback on characters, finding plot holes and commenting pacing. I like gushing, and will gush if I’m enjoying a story. But I also appreciate exciting chapters and manuscripts that have not a single scene wasted. I’ll point out heavy-backstory paragraphs, purple prose, and overly descriptive scenery where I feel there’s no need for it. I’m not good with proofreading, sorry.

Mostly, I’m looking for someone committed to providing feedback and that won’t disappear after a few weeks. I don’t mind people being honest/brutal/harsh. If you don’t like the story, feel free to say it, but please don’t disappear on me. I also would enjoy sharing writing woes and bouncing ideas/concepts, talking about other books/movies/TV shows and sharing what we find inspiring.

charish84
    Participant

Hi there! I just started today and I’m also looking for a critique partner. Your plot sounds pretty cool and I would totally be down to read. What do you say?

Charish

scila
    Participant

Sure, yours sounds cool too!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.