Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / CP/Writing Buddy Wanted for Supernatural/Fantasy Novel

CP/Writing Buddy Wanted for Supernatural/Fantasy Novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / CP/Writing Buddy Wanted for Supernatural/Fantasy Novel

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

sparrowsong
    Participant

Hi, all! I’m currently in the process of rewriting my manuscript essentially from scratch. The first two drafts I had were lost so I’m starting over from the outlines and notes that I had from my first two attempts.

Needless to say, I’ve been somewhat frustrated with the rewriting so I’m looking for someone who is not just a critique partner but a writing buddy of sorts so that we can help motivate each other and keep the writing flow going! I’m open to swapping one or two, maybe even three, chapters a week in order to keep the procrastination monster at bay and to be urged to meet my personal deadline for this novel.

I’m still tweaking the outline a bit but will be writing the story as soon as my adjustments are done and I expect the novel to end in the 90k to 100k words range, so hopefully that won’t be too big of an issue.

The genre that I’ll be writing in is hard to define, but I’ve settled on speculative fiction with elements of fantasy and the supernatural being heavily involved. It is significantly dark, though; not completely morbid but it does tend to lean towards darker thoughts and darker subject matters. There is very little romance and romantic scenes, however. Maybe one or two after I’m done.

As for my writing experience, I’ve written several short stories and poems but this is my first novel; however, I have experience with editing and critiquing others’ works from my beta reading and editing business.

I’m open to being a CP for a different genre if you find that this interests you!

If you’re interested, leave me a comment or a private message and we can go from there! 🙂

jillian-swinford
    Participant

Hey,
    I am looking for a couple of critique partners. I would be interested in adding on another. I already have my manuscript finished, but I’m going through the revision/rewriting process myself, and I would be glad to help you out and work on our stories together. My novel is about 130,000 words and is a soft sci-fi post-apocalyptic novel with some more mature topics. You can check out my synopsis on my profile page.

Most of my writing experience is in scientific writing, as I am a fisheries biologist. I am an adjunct professor for a scientific writing class, so I am no stranger to revision and editing. I have been writing fiction for fun for a while but I have never actually published any of my stories, this is the first one I want to try publishing.

Let me know what you think 🙂

HI,

I am on my third draft of my fantasy book, and i am seeking for a reliable CP that seeks seeing the work through.

Is a fantasy novel with word count around 120.000 words, which i am trying to chop down.

I have a very flexible schedule and my turn around is usually fast. As a CP i offer a detailed look on entertainment content of the story, plot and character development, pacing, and writing style.

Please write me if you are interested and we can exchange a chapter of two to see if the content of the manuscript are of interest for both of us.

Regards,

Eberton

jillian-swinford
    Participant

@ Eberton De Oliveira Olarte,your post looks intriguing, and it looks like we have novels of similar length (mine is 130,000). I also posted on this forum (see above) about a week ago, but I haven’t gotten a response. Your post looked intriguing, and it looks like we have novels of similar length (mine is 130,000). I ensure you I will be a reliable critique partner and I am looking for a more long-term partner. I am serious about helping other people out, and am also serious about receiving similar results (meaning, I want critiques on character, plot, setting, etc, not just grammar).

I am an fisheries biologist and an adjunct professor for a scientific writing class, so I have experience with review (albeit in a different subject), and I read fantasy quite frequently. Since I work full time, I will require a little more time for turn around (I would like to do bi-weekly critiques).

My work is 130,000 words and is an adventure/soft sci-fi. I am on my first draft right now but I am working with a mentor. See my bio for the full story synopsis.

Let me know if it’s something you would be interested in.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.