Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Crit partner for MG fantasy?

Crit partner for MG fantasy?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Crit partner for MG fantasy?

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

dizzyspell
    Participant

As the title suggests, I’m looking for a critique partner for my 64,000 upper middle grade fantasy novel. I’ll be happy to exchange the favor, of course, and I don’t just read middle grade — I also love YA.

I’m looking for someone brutal and honest, who doesn’t care about my feelings so much as making my writing stronger.

When I get a partner, I’ll be able to check in at least once a week, depending on how in-depth you want my evaluations.

Here’s my current pitch:

When twelve-year-old Damien Eldridge makes a mistake that gets his sister kidnapped, he must infiltrate the underbelly of the magical world to bring her back.

Unlike the rest of the Eldridge family, Damien is magically defective. While his little sister gets home-schooled in sorcery, Damien pretends to be a normal kid in the ordinary world. But secretly, he plans to steal a talisman that’ll give him powers of his own. Once he’s got it, goodbye ordinary.

Damien learns too late about the perils of stolen magic. One: real magicians hate thieves. Two: once you’ve got it, you’re stuck with it forever. And three: it’s evil. With his new talisman, Damien accidentally summons monsters who have a taste for the flesh of his family and friends.

When Damien’s sister vanishes, he knows it’s his fault — and so do the magical police. As they launch a witch hunt against him instead of a search party for his sister, Damien goes after her himself. His investigation drags him to the supernatural underworld, where one thing becomes clear: the same uncontrollable talisman that got Damien’s sister into this mess is the only thing that can get her back out alive.

If you’re interested, I’d really love to hear from you.

hdarling2000
    Participant

If you don’t have a CP yet, I’d be interested in taking your story on. I do Young Adult fantasy, as well, though mostly I’m writing shorter stories – up to about 10,000 words. I did write and publish a juvenile fantasy a while ago, which I really got a kick out of, but I’ve abandoned further work on it. I am working on a Young Adult fantasy about a girl whose mother inherited a rundown house, and who gets involved with a ghost who lived there in the early 1900’s.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.