Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / CRITIQUE PARTNER WANTED: Thriller set in the 80s

CRITIQUE PARTNER WANTED: Thriller set in the 80s

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / CRITIQUE PARTNER WANTED: Thriller set in the 80s

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

tigerlily1221
    Participant

I’d like to find a critique partner for my completed 96,000 word thriller called “Cherry Float,” set during the summer of 1986 in Traverse City, Michigan, home to the National Cherry Festival.

Basic Synopsis:
    The book is narrated in turn by three characters speaking in first person. Bullied thirteen-year-old Dawn is a dreamer who craves acceptance from her classmates. Her elderly neighbor and recovering alcoholic, Alfred, seeks membership in the community following his wife’s death. Ryan is a directionless teenager obsessed with heavy metal rock music, but cannot meet his parent’s high expectations. When middle school bully Kristy Fischer wins the coveted title of Cherry Princess and is later discovered brutally murdered and floating in a local lake, each of the three characters unwittingly hold pieces of the key to her killing and will come together to save Dawn’s only friend from a similar fate. The narrative style is a bit like Stranger Things meets Gillian Flynn, saturated with eighties pop culture and slang, told by individuals often marginalized or discredited within their communities because of their age.

I plan to publish via the traditional method, rather than self-publishing, and am pitching this book to agents at workshops this weekend. Your time, interest and feedback is valued. If you would like me to critique your work in return, I’d be honored.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.