Home / Forums / List of Forums / Literary Fiction / Dark Urban Fantasy with Literary writing style – seeking CP :)

Dark Urban Fantasy with Literary writing style – seeking CP :)

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Literary Fiction / Dark Urban Fantasy with Literary writing style – seeking CP :)

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Jenny Glozshtein
    Participant

Hi folks, looking for CP!
    Here is a pitch for my book (a work-in-progress pitch which encapsulates barely a fraction of it:/ but maybe it’ll give you some idea). It’s an urban fantasy with a literary style.

Nia is an isolated video game addict, forced out of her immersion one day, when two strangers show up in her home claiming she has telepathic powers. She’s not entirely convinced they’re not there to sell her on some strange scheme or cult, in fact, she’s not even sure they’re not the product of a feverish mind hooked on too many video-games — but she’ll bites. From there on she enters the underground society of psions, where you never know which memories are your own, who’s spying on your thoughts, and where shadows lurk. But least of all, Nia knows about the bizarre realm she finds inside her own head, and where it’ll take her.

I have about a third written, but it’s more or less mapped out.

Writing style: inspired by Maggie Stiefvater, Don DeLillo, Chuck Palahniuk.
    Genre: Urban fantasy (the fantasy is on the softer side, a bit dreamy sometimes), with touches of psychological thriller and drama (great focus on psychology, mental illness and relationships). Somewhat dark, but with many lighter moments of humour (or attempts at those, you be the judge :P).

Favourite authors/books:

Fantasy/sci fi: The Raven Boys, the Cat series by Joan D. Vinge, Permutation City, the Vorkosigan Saga, Mistborn, A Song of Ice and Fire, The Time Traveler’s Wife.

Other: Don DeLillo, Chuck Palahniuk, Jonathan Safran Foer, David Grossman, Gone Girl, The Piano Teacher, Nausea by Jean Paul Sartre, The First Bad Man, the unabridged journals by Sylvia Plath, Lolita.

If interested please email me at jenny.gloz@gmail.com with pitch, and writing samples if you’ve got one.
    thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.