E-publishing Links?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Kenra Daniels
    Participant

Does anyone have useful links for those of use taking E-publishing route? Meaning publishing through an actual publishing company that produces books in electronic format and pays royalties to the author – not self-publishing or indie publishing. Companies like Carina Press, Loose ID, etc.

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

you should research (through Agent Query and the likes) small publishers. Most are ebook only or ebook first and then print-run if it’s a best seller.
    I’m going to try Rhemalda Publishing for my historical novel when I’m done because a blogger friend went from self-publishing to working with them and she says they’re great.
    I also follow Six Sentence Sunday and every Sunday you can read six sentences of different authors, published or unpublished. Most are romance writers, and their publishing houses are Decadent Publishing or Muse It up. It depends on what genre you write in, of course…
    here are the two main links mentioned above:
    http://rhemalda.com/
    http://www.sixsunday.com/
    (see, I did my research on trad pub and agents before going indie with fantasy! πŸ˜‰ I’m not at home, so I don’t have the pages I used to research them, though. If you need more info, PM me and I’ll send you those other links)

Kenra Daniels
    Participant

Thanks Barbara! I participate in Six Sentence Sunday, too. My Six Sentences yesterday were from my new WIP – its debut Six. πŸ˜€
    I’ve done a lot of research on Traditional, E, and self/indie publishing, which led to my decision to pursue Epublishing.
    It seems lots of people confuse Epublishing with self/indie publishing, making the research a bit more difficult.

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

indeed… I chose indie because I like independence and total control, but I understand one prefers having a (e)publisher behind – I think I’m going to go that way for the historical novel (which is under another pen-name anyway)! πŸ™‚
    Whops, did I comment on your sixes? There are so many authors now it’s hard to keep track… I read them all, but don’t always comment… will have to check again your entry! Did you see mine? πŸ˜‰
    Happy writing!

Kenra Daniels
    Participant

I decided on E-publishing because I don’t want to search out and hire a good editor and cover designer. I’m perfectly willing to do the marketing, but I don’t want to deal with getting my books up with all the online retailers. Of course, some E-pubs offer such minimal services that their authors end up doing all that anyway. Hence my search for good ones.

I have to spread reading the SSS’s out through the week – no time to read them all in one day. I read them all, too, but seldom comment. I’ll have to check your’s again too, though I’m sure I’ve seen them. LOL, I have a good memory for characters and plot details, but a horrible one for author names!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.