Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Experienced Critiquer Seeking Own CP

Experienced Critiquer Seeking Own CP

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Experienced Critiquer Seeking Own CP

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

andoline
    Participant

Hello, All!

Allow me to introduce myself. My (user)name is Andoline, I’m 26, and I’m an experienced critiquer.

When I was in college, not to long ago, I was tapped to be a writing tutor, and I got the job! To become a tutor, I took a 3-credit class on critique theory. I worked for a year critiquing the writing of students of all ages, and continued that work after college. Then, through my review blog, I met a self-published fantasy/steampunk author and now critique her work, as well.

But now I’m looking to find a critique partner for myself!

I have 50,000 words of a high MG/ low YA fantasy/science fiction written, and am chugging away at that. Also, to build my confidence as a writer, I’ve started writing fantasy fanfiction.

I would absolutely TREASURE a CP to go over my work and give me advice. I feel like I will improve as a writer much more quickly with outside feedback.

Let me know if you’d be interested in reading and critiquing my work! I’d be more than gratified to read and critique your own work in return.

Thank you all so much!

— Andoline

katje
    Participant

Hello Andoline – do you have a blurb, or a synopsis of what you’re writing about?

andoline
    Participant

The synopsis for my WIP — 50,000 words in…

She had four parents that she knew of, and none of them knew her secret.
    Sometimes she’s Charlotte Yancy from Baltimore. Other times she’s Mandy Burgess from New York City. But her true identity is Ava Sabertongue, captain of finest vessel in the land of Nod — the Dreamship. It’s hard to scrape out a living in a world with no adults, but Ava would have it no other way. If only she lived there everyday… Like every child on the islands of Nod, Ava is a dreamslipper, moving between different versions of herself each time she falls asleep. It’s Ava’s greatest and most terrible secret, until her best friend, Per, gives her an even worse one to keep. In order to save the truest home she’s ever known, Ava, Per, and the crew of the Dreamship must navigate Nod, seeking out the Patients, six children who built a civilization, before one of them destroys it for good.

katje
    Participant

Andoline – it sounds very intriguing. Of course, I need to ask – is there a romance element to this?
    I’d be happy to take a look either way – though be warned I might start shipping random characters. 🙂 My email is ekaatja@gmail.com.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.