Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Fantasy Fic CP needed Finished Draft, Hope to Trade Chapters

Fantasy Fic CP needed Finished Draft, Hope to Trade Chapters

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Fantasy Fic CP needed Finished Draft, Hope to Trade Chapters

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

pinkarmy25
    Participant

Beth sat at the computer her hands poised above the keyboard. She stared at the screen.

The cursor blinked at her and seemed to say “What…what…what?”

Her brow furrowed in concentration and the unnatural light from her mac seemed to underline the dark circles under her eyes. She looked at the cursor, determination blooming in her chest.

“I’ll tell you what!” she said a little too loudly. She glanced up and her children in the room embarrassed. They looked up briefly from their game, but weren’t surprised that mom was talking to the computer.

“I need a critique partner! One who understands how to evoke emotion and develop character.” She continued speaking to the blinking cursor. “Give me one who has a book draft finished, who is willing to read my work and give serious review. Oh! And one who is a fantasy writer like me!” She rambled as if the cursor was a genie able to grant her wishes. Her children ignored her. Beth was grateful for that.

The cursor continued to blink. It only knew one word. “What..”

Beth sighed heavily and began to type:

If anyone is interested in trading manuscripts chapter by chapter let me know! We can email one another to get a feel for one another and start a trial period. Someone close to my age of 30 something would be great.

Beth finished typing. Her fingers hovered above the “post topic” button. Was it enough? Will someone answer me? The questions mingled in her mind with a mixture of hope and anxiety.

She clicked the button and held her breath.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.