Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Favorite Time Period

Favorite Time Period

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / Favorite Time Period

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jean Lauzier

Yesterday I read romance novel set in the 1870’s in the New Orleans riverboats. Was kinda nice. The day before, it was a contemporary, set out on a ranch in Texas.

And, I’m writing a contemporary set in small east Texas town.

There are so many different time period in romances so I’m just wondering what’s your favorite to read or write?

xaenyth
    Participant

Contemporary.

Though I could get into anything set in the 50’s – 60’s and maybe the 1700’s.

Dawn
    Participant

I’ll read any time period as long as I can understand what they’re saying. I generally write from the modern era or a slightly modified modern era… so kinda futuristic but not so much that you can’t relate to anything.

Kenra Daniels
    Participant

I don’t care much for Contemporary Romance as a genre. Sub-genre books set in the present make up the bulk of my reading – PNR, Romantic Suspense, etc.

I love historicals, from Neolithic through the 19th Century, set in any part of the world. I don’t care that much for 20th Century though.

ladymalai
    Participant

I’m a 40’s girl at heart, so I love books set during that time period. I also love reading Regencies.

I’ve been working on a contemporary on and off, though I keep catching myself adding paranormal elements, so I may have to rethink it. I’ve found writing romance to be exceedingly difficult but pretty satisfying when I find sentences that just *work*.

For reading, I’ll read any romance at all…I have three e-readers (!) and my Kindle is almost all romance, with a ton of romantic suspense and PNR, plus every Loretta Chase book.

lizzie1206
    Participant

I will read almost anything except for sci-fi/fantasy/futuristic romances. For some reason, I just can’t get into those.

I’m currently working on a contemporary romance, but I think my favorite time period is either historical (Old West) or Regency.

pyewacket75
    Participant

I like the old west, late 1800’s, or medieval England, 16-17th century.

peckmom3
    Participant

I write contemporary- although one book I’m working on does some back and forth through time from early 1900’s to current times.

I love to read contemporary as well as historical, regency, WWII, Civil War, 1700’s. I’ll read pretty much anything.

Cathy Franklin
    Participant

I like time travel romances, so just about any time period. I prefer the Civil War (mid 1800’s) era. But I’ll read/write contemporary too.

orangealli
    Participant

I am not a fan of contemporary, but will read most ant historical time period.

In my writing I tend to like the early 20th century, but would love to write something from the Civil War era.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.