Hi-I’m new.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

marianne

Hi everyone,
    My name is Marianne, I am new to the site and this group. I am 62 years young and I am currently writing my first novel. Actually I am trying to do the final edit. Writing is more fun than editing.
    A bit about me, I have been writing for as long as I can rmember, but when I was diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis, my writing slowed. I couldn’t use a pen for very long and it was before computers were a common household item. Once I received my first computer, I wrote and wrote. I wrote short stories and essays, but never attempted a novel until last year. My daughter became a widow at age 37 and I helped her with her two children and they took first place in my life and most of my free time. They are teens now and do well on their own, and I now have the time for my passion. I was an English major in college, but the arthritis kept me from graduating and teaching. The idea for my novel bounced around in my head for years and I fianlly started to write. Once I did, I didn’t stop. I read an entry on a blog somewhere on-line that said if editing is getting you down, try writing something different for a day or two and you will get back in the grove. it works, but now I have 7500 words written as the sequal to the book I am editing and a chapter on a completely seperate subject. Keep writing, it is important.
    Since I am new to the site, I will have to learn what it is all about, but it sounds very interesting. I hope to meet a lot of you through these posts.
    Smile, Marianne

laura
    Keymaster

Marianne,

So lovely to have you! Thanks for sharing your moving story with us. I hope you find support and motivation on the site, as well as productivity and success. Let me know if you need any help navigating the site – it’s still a wee bit confusing but we are working on it 🙂 Best wishes and keep writing,

Laura

Jean Lauzier

Welcome to the group! I’m so glad you’re here with us.

marianne

Thanks for the welcome. I am confused trying to find my way around, but each time I visit the site, it gets better. I hope this group will be a help to me and I can be a help to others. Be well.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.