Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / How can you tell your book is kraptastic?

How can you tell your book is kraptastic?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / How can you tell your book is kraptastic?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

stephonavich
    Participant

Want to stab your main character with his own claws? Blind to flaws or just plain blind when it comes to your manuscript? That’s where I’m at.

I’d love to swap chapters with you because honestly, I’m trying not to kill my characters off at the end of the book because that would just be sad.

I’m ready for harsh reality. I’ve been ripped up by some of the best and I didn’t even cry, so bring it. I need your candor and when worthy–praise.

I can offer chapter exchange. I’m a great cheerleader, critical eye, idea tosser and unbiased critic that asks a lot of questions and tells you what was done right as well as what I didn’t understand. I don’t believe so much in “wrong” writing — only confusing writing.

I’d like another set of eyes for this one in any capacity you can give! Thank you!

~ Stephy

mary2
    Participant

I don’t read Sci-Fi but love your title. Hope you find a good partner. 🙂

hopeshines
    Participant

Right now I am just offering to beta read or critique without a lot of swapping-and I love reading fantasy if you want another opinion. Also honest and since I write plays I’m usually good with characterization.
    Hope

morlin
    Participant

Hi Stephy,

I’m not writing fantasy. But I like it. I’d be happy to trade with you. I have one completed novel that needs help, esp. with tense/POV. This novel is a time-travel romance. My main character is a devout Christian and talks about it in detail in some spots. There’s a lot of violence as well.

Cinderella Syndrome, my WIP is about a natural witch who doesn’t remember her past-life as a witch and was killed at the stake along with her vampire husband. Her husband has spent the last 200+ years searching for her. It’s loosely based on Cinderella. It’s more like chick-lit. The more I think about it, the more I’d like a partner for that as well. I seem to be stuck and find myself wondering about direction.

Either (or both) book could use a fresh pair of eyes and thoughts.

rachel
    Participant

I think it’s normal to tire of your characters after you’ve spent so much time with them. Normally, after I finish the first draft, I take a little time away from my book. That helps me go back with fresh eyes. And usually after a little while, I start to miss my characters too.

And to be perfectly honest, I think most first drafts are craptastic. I know mine are. My second and third drafts are too! 🙂 Don’t give up!

I can’t critique a whole manuscript right now, but I can take a look at your first three chapters if you’d like.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.