Home / Forums / List of Forums / Erotica / How do you view E-reader samples and book sales

How do you view E-reader samples and book sales

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Erotica / How do you view E-reader samples and book sales

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

olumna
    Participant

I spend a lot of time on Amazon checking out the Kindle books in the erotica section (being a firm believer in the ‘if you are going to write it, you got to read it’ principle) and I’ve notice that the sample has a big effect on if I am going to buy it, more so then the reviews or blurbs. But the sample has got to be structured in a certain way;

1. contains both/all main characters, demonstrates the heat between them and sets up a problem in the story line

I will probably buy it

2. contains only one character but revels the other one/ones as some form of future interaction in the story line

I might consider it, but only if the blurb and reviews carry me the rest of the way.

3. Sample contains only the ordinary beginnings of an ordinary day for H/h

Not likely to buy it

4. Sample contains only the publisher info and a second copy of the blurb

Not going to buy it.

olumna
    Participant

I think my shopping habits have changed in the e-reader /online sales environment and I am trying to structure my story to fit this new environment.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.