Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / How Far Along Are You?

How Far Along Are You?

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / How Far Along Are You?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author

xaenyth
    Participant

In your WIP?

I’m 2-3 scenes from being finished with my first draft. *music plays* But I have a heck of a lot of story to go back and fix before I can even think about going back to look at making it purdier.

I have the itch to start something new too. I feel like something is brewing on the back burner. I’m letting it stew for now. If I even consider a new story, I’ll never come back to this one, even though I’m already ready to throw it at the wall!

Where are you with yours?

Dawn
    Participant

I’m still in the beginning of The Agency: Drake and still in the beginning of The Agency: Gwedian. It doesn’t help that I have so many WIPs that I dabble here and there with each of them. That’s always been how I am, though. If the story is good enough to be continued, I’ll continue it. I also get writer’s block very easily, so having multiple projects at the same time lets me write without getting frustrated lol

annsquared
    Participant

Congrats on being almost done with the first draft!

It’s always sooo tempting to move onto the pretty, shiny new thing, isn’t it? 🙂 It’s great that you can see your story’s flaws before you’ve even finished it. I’m one of those people that needs some time away so I can be objective (which is why my last ms is sitting quietly on my desk, waiting for edits.)

I’m a little over 10,000 words into my WIP. I wrote about 1,000 last night, and I’ll have even more writing time tonight. …..baby steps…..

Allison Merritt
    Participant

I’m in second draft of my first steampunk romance. I wrote the second book during NaNoWriMo last year and it needs tons of work, but because the first book is sitting on an agent’s desk, it gets the attention. I haven’t done much writing this year for editing. I miss it.

elizabeth
    Participant

I just finished rewriting my steampunk Snow White retelling. It had more plot holes than….something with a lot of plot holes. 😉

So I rewrote it. Now I am letting it sit, and I am working on a new project and trying to recharge my batteries. I plan on writing the first draft to the current WIP (formally the Shiny New Idea. I love it when you finally get to work on the Shiny New.) and then going back and editing the snot out of steampunk Snow White. Then it’s time for betas!

I have another rough draft waiting for edits as well, but I suspect that might need a rewrite as well, so I am letting myself work on something new first. 😀 I got a little burnt out revising and then rewriting the same book.

kimberlyfdr
    Participant

I’m in my fourth draft of my urban fantasy novel. The first chapter is currently out with an agent to be critiqued (I won a contest of the honor, yay!), the first two have been critiqued by my writing group, and the first five are being critiqued by Book Country members.

There’s another agent contest on Monday I’m hoping to submit to, hence the reason I’m going double-time on polishing this fourth draft.

Writing was the easy part, editing is hard 😉

territrimble
    Participant

I’m about 30,000 words into the 5th draft of my high fantasy novel, which is almost 1/3 of the way through. I’ve been teaching myself to plot while completely rewriting this novel, over and over! I feel like I may have finally figured it out.

Whenever I tried to work on a completely different story, this one kept bubbling back up to the surface. I couldn’t set it aside for long.

Kenra Daniels
    Participant

I’m currently about 1/4 of the way into the first draft of BLOOD DRAGON II, which is my fourth weredragon book. I’m also in the early stages of developing a brand new paranormal creature, which will be the foundation of a fairly extensive series of paranormal romances.

Anonymous

Oh, I´m quite at the beginning of my WIP. I section my project in 3 parts and the first one is almost finished.

But I´m also working on the idea of a second project, so my mind´s always a little busy and confused.

Anonymous

So for my work in progress I’m on the 1st draft of chapter one. I have a long, long way to go, but I’ll be done with this 1st chapter before the day is over. I’ve decided to work on two books at a time so I’m going to go back to my book of book ideas that I made and pick one other one to run with.

hiroko
    Participant

I started my most recent book less than a month ago, and so far, so good – about three and a half chapters in.

jenny
    Participant

I’m counting the scenes until I’m done with my rewrite (fifteen if I decide to add in this one that so far doesn’t have enough purpose to be a full scene). The end of October isn’t a reasonable goal, but I’m wishing for it anyway.

hiroko
    Participant

I’m 23000 words into this WIP. So far, so good, and a good part’s coming up.

sinsoftheflesh
    Participant

I only have 4 finished chapters, almost 5. I have so far to go, but its a good start. I started a blog like I was told was a good idea, but I’m not shore how much or little I should put there. Any ideas from experienced blogers?

jenny
    Participant

I am done done DONE! And going to luxuriate in the freedom of no WIP for a week or two while I finish up some research and brainstorming for the next. (Also Thanksgiving prep.)

@sinsoftheflesh – Are you putting up parts of your novel on the blog? Or is this a more general blogging question?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.