Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / How soon is to soon…..

How soon is to soon…..

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / How soon is to soon…..

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

sinsoftheflesh
    Participant

How soon is to soon to introduce a love interest?

They meat early on in the book, but nothing official happens until the 5th chapter. I feel like it may be to early, but don’t want to scrap the hole chapter. redoing parts of it is one thing, but I don’t want to start it over unless I need to.
    Your advice would be much appreciated, thank you.

maria

laura
    Keymaster

Never too soon! I don’t see any reason why you would have to re-do it 🙂

sinsoftheflesh
    Participant

thank you! I haven’t bin able to write for over a week because I just wasn’t shore if I should continue with where it was heading. thank you again for the help!

Maria:)

Anonymous

I think it depends on the genre and the age the book is for. I don’t like it and find it annoying when a pair’s (or friends, whatever you want to call them) love blooms too soon. I think you should go on without an “official” love content but hints and secret shy glances are always nice. I think an offcial romance should start at the middle of a book. But that’s just my opinion.

sinsoftheflesh
    Participant

every opinion is welcome. I like the idea of letting it brue some more, but I can’t wait long to add it. in a post apocalyptic setting, meeting for the first time in chapter two, her love interest is a big part of how things play out. I had them tell each other how they feel in chapter 5, but I’m not very happy with that chapter any way. tank you, I have a lot to think about now.

rachel
    Participant

It also depends a lot on the personalities of the two soon to be lovers. One may take a while to wear down because they’ve been hurt before, etc.

sinsoftheflesh
    Participant

I hadn’t thought about that. considering that I have developed it to fast. Thank you, that helps a lot!

zora
    Participant

It would also depend on their ages. Are they teenagers with raging hormones or older? Are the events so stressful that they are pushed toward each other to find some comfort. When they start thier relationship is up to you and how your story unfolds.

sinsoftheflesh
    Participant

Thank you.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.