Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / I have a sci-fi novel here…

I have a sci-fi novel here…

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / I have a sci-fi novel here…

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

hiroko
    Participant

…and I would like a critique partner/beta reader or two to help me polish it up.

It is science fiction, like I said, and the plot centers around two people, a human girl and a mechanical boy. Without giving too much of the plot away, the two of them embark on a train trip that both opens both their “eyes” and almost kills them.

If anyone’s interested, I can send more information. 🙂

takayta
    Participant

Hi Hiroko,

Ooh, I’m definitely interested, although I’m writing a YA fantasy novel (there’s more on my profile if you’re interested). It’s finished, but I’m still working on editing the first draft.

For now, I just want someone to look over my first couple of chapters and tell me what they think of the story (what did they like/dislike, what and how to improve, characters, plot, etc.).

Anyway, let me know if you’re interested in swapping works. 🙂

Maria

hiroko
    Participant

I wouldn’t mind doing that at all! Though I should warn you: my manuscript’s nowhere near that short.

takayta
    Participant

Oh, I don’t mind a long story, lol.

Also, I forgot to mention I’m going away on vacation next weekend, and I won’t get back until August 1. I’d be happy to start critiquing your work before I leave, but it may be a little while before I can get back to you. I hope that’s okay with you.

If you want to start by swapping our first chapters, my email is gardner.maria@hotmail.com

Maria

hiroko
    Participant

That’s fine; I don’t mind. I will send over the first chapter (and one/two other pages that act as a prologue) today, I think. Once more, thank you for agreeing to help with this. 🙂

Hiroko

takayta
    Participant

And thank you for agreeing to help me out with my writing. 🙂 Just sent you an email.

Maria

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.