Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / I need a new blog

I need a new blog

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / I need a new blog

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)
  • Author

xaenyth
    Participant

I have one on blogger but I hate it (my blog, not blogger) and I really want to start fresh. New background, layout, the whole shebang.

Any suggestions where I might find a new background?

Chiaki
    Participant

What’s the address to your blog? Do you use templates? Because you know you can get rid of those and have much cooler backgrounds.

By the way, to all who are reading this… I was thinking that maybe we could all have one blog for all of us.Obviously you can still have your own blog, but why not have another one? It’d be like killzoneauthors.blogspot.com -where one person posts on their day every week. It’d be musings of aspiring writers I guess… It’s just an idea, if people are interested, I could set up a seperate thread for this.

laura
    Keymaster

I’m a wordpress fan, xaenyth. I’ve used both blogger and wordpress and have a strong preference for WP. Plus there are lots of free themes (templates) and if you learn a little you can customize a lot. If you want to keep your blogger then you can just choose another template. Here are some nice ones: http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/50-most-beautiful-blogger-templates/

To everyone… don’t forget I’m accepting guest posts for the blog on here!

Allison Merritt
    Participant

http://thecutestblogontheblock.com has great backgrounds so
    does http://hotbliggityblog.com

I used to be on wordpress, but unless you have the premium account, you can’t do much with them. I hated it because I change my blog background constantly depending on my mood.

Kenra Daniels
    Participant

Having used both blogger and wordpress, I prefer WP.

A friend of mine used a gorgeous image she found online as the background of her blogger blog. Not sure how she did it, or if it’s possible on other platforms, but I intend to find out.

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

I love WP too! πŸ™‚ I customized my header and am doing fine with their free templates…
    @chiaki – I love the multi-author blog idea. It’s easy to set up on WP (I had one, but it died because people got bored to post there: http://serialcentral.wordpress.com). If we can find 7 authors willing to post once a week on a pre-set specific day of the week, I’m available! πŸ™‚

Jean Lauzier

I’ve used Blogger and WordPress. I like Blogger better…it’s easier for me. (I’m techno challenged:-) )

I’d take a day of the week too. So that makes three of us so far…

xaenyth
    Participant

Thank you all for your great advice. I decided to stay with Blogger because I like that it’s easier for me to customize my blog with them. I also got a great new background and I am SO super happy with it.

Thanks again everyone!

Now if I just had something interesting to say there. πŸ™‚

Chiaki
    Participant

@jean and @barbara: Okay, awesomness ^_^ so should we make a seperate thread for this…? And are we going to use Blogger or WP? I’ve only used Blogger before, because WP intimidates me πŸ˜›

Hopefully the blog won’t die πŸ™‚

@xaenyth Yay! I’m glad you’re happy with your blog now πŸ™‚ Uhh…is it a writing blog?

xaenyth
    Participant

http://weirdscribbles.blogspot.com/

There’s the address. Like I said, not too interesting but at least it’s purdy! πŸ™‚

xaenyth
    Participant

Oh. Does whining count as contributing? I’d be willing to take a day too but I don’t exactly have super mad writing skillz.

Chiaki
    Participant

@xaenyth Lol! I love your new blog, though XD It is VERY pretty 0_o *looks at own blog then looks at yours* -_- *is jealous* πŸ˜› I’m gonna follow it ^_^

Chiaki
    Participant

@xaenyth P.S. Lol yup! ^_^ And I’m sure you’re epik at writing! :O Okay, that’s four πŸ™‚

gwen
    Participant

I have a blog on blogspot.com, but underadvice from another author and a couple articles; I bought my name domain from godaddy.com and have wordpress. The reason they say use your own (group blog) is you (group) benefit from “visits” to your blog or site. LIke this site women who critique is getting lots of “visits” or hits and shows up high and higher in search engines. I think it would be fun and supportive if we volunteered (sp?) interviews or making a committment on visiting out co members site and leaving a post? Web Presence! Agent’s and Publisher’s look at our web presence. If we do have one blog that we all go and post on then we want it to link to our blog—whad do you think. I think I could committ to posting on five different blogs a week or more if I had a linear list of everyone’s blog. So do we make a list? I think this a great think tank Chiaki. I’m tired, so I hope this post makes sense. Peace!

gwen
    Participant

oh yes, and the advice was to make a “signature” to every email with your website and/or blog. Run contests etc. Yawn. Sleepy. Just a thought. Hugs my new website is gwenhankins.com and I’m just building it! My email address to this blog is talktome@gwenhankins.com
    So my signature should look something like this:
    Gwen Hankins
    Blog: gwenhankins.com
    (facebook and twitter or myspace or whatever other sites)
    I’m getting my daughter to help me keep up with this! Lol I’d love to write a story and have Stephanie Meyers type success so I could hire an assistant and just write *grin*. Night all!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.