Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / I’m looking for a poetry writing buddy

I’m looking for a poetry writing buddy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / I’m looking for a poetry writing buddy

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi everyone

I’m looking for a poetry writing buddy. A kind of accountability partner who may also be interested in giving feedback, playing around with prompts, and or experimenting with forms. I’m most comfortable with free verse, but I would like to become more flexible. I have some experience in critiquing, I took a couple of poetry classes, many years ago. After reading the critiquing articles on this site, I realize that I have a lot to learn and I’m motivated to get better at it. I used to write a lot, and was very active at open mics in my area, both as a single author, and a coauthor in collaborative pieces. When then the collaborations stopped (we went our separate ways), I stopped. I have days where one or two lines will come to me and I’ll write them down, but it has been a challenge to produce anything more than that.

We can definitely discuss all the details necessary to get this thing going.

~Boomie

amandajevans
    Participant

Hi Boomie,

I would love to be your poetry writing buddy. I love poetry and prefer free verse too but have been looking at trying out different genres too. I have been writing a lot of poetry this year and have had some publishing success so would love to be of some help.

Amanda

Anonymous

Hi Amanda,

I was really excited to receive your message=) And I’m still very much looking for a writing buddy. Do you know how can we exchange information…it is not immediately clear to me on this website?

Bunmi

amandajevans
    Participant

HI Bunmi,

I’m sure we can exchange email addresses and do it that way. My email is ghostwritingamanda@gmail.com

Amanda

Anonymous

not sure if this will help you but poetry soup is an awesome community of poets that are very kind and helpful.

Anonymous

Moni,

Thank you for your response. I came across that site at the same time I came across this one. Did you see a post similar to mine on poetry soup? If so, please direct me =)

Bunmi [Boomie].

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.