Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / in need of beta reader(s) for my contemporary YA manuscript

in need of beta reader(s) for my contemporary YA manuscript

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / in need of beta reader(s) for my contemporary YA manuscript

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

Hi all,

I’m on the hunt for one or more beta readers for my YA manuscript entitled “9 Seconds of Life.” I want to start querying this project and I would love to get feedback on things like character development, pacing, setting…basically just someone to let me know if this whole thing is working or not.

It would be ideal to build some type of critiquing relationship with someone–swaps would be great. Thanks for your time!

Here’s a little blurb:

Maura has just jumped.

Now she has precisely nine seconds until she hits the ground below her. Just nine more seconds until she is finally freed from all of the regrets and disappointments that have haunted her throughout her eighteen years.

It’s the only way.

But as she falls, the most pivotal moments of her life start to replay like a movie in her head. Her family falling apart. Her first love. Her first heartbreak. Her first true friends. And her first betrayal.

As she remembers these moments that brought her to this point, will she feel a sense of peace? Or will her death be her greatest regret?

9 SECONDS OF LIFE is a young adult novel that not only explores the depths of teenage depression with brutal honesty, but begs us to ask ourselves: what will you remember in the last nine seconds of your own life?

kimmydonn
    Participant

I’d be willing to beta read for you. I don’t have anything to trade at this moment, but I’m hoping to have a new draft of my paranormal romance in a month or less. It’s currently with the second CP. 🙂

mary2
    Participant

Hey! I really like the teen-depression theme. It’s something we need to address instead of feeding them a fantasy world full of blood-sucking, flesh-eating creatures.

I don’t have much experience in the field, but I could give you some raw feedback from a reader’s pov about the “feel” of your story.

michelledevans
    Participant

Hi Tonya,
    would you be interested in swapping?
    How long is you MS?
    Mine is just under 70000
    A YA contemporary dealing with depression and a walk on the dark side of life.

saraherobinson
    Participant

It’s hard to find others writing straight contemporary, so I’m glad to find you. I also have a manuscript to swap. It’s in it’s final stages. I’m tweaking the ending, but all in all, I think I’m done. Please contact me if your interested. saraherobinson@comcast.net

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.