Home / Forums / List of Forums / Non-fiction / Introduce Yourself

Introduce Yourself

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Non-fiction / Introduce Yourself

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

laura
    Keymaster

Introduce Yourself!

emacphe
    Participant

I’m Erin. I’m 33, stay-at-home-mom, part-time web writer and editor, author, freelancer….

kimde04
    Participant

Hello! Hello I am a former Journalism major turned elementary school teacher turned stay-at-home wife/full time writer. I currently write for Examiner and Bestcovery as well as guest post on blogs. I am taking a class with Long Ridge Writers Group to sharpen my skills and have gotten the courage the past few weeks to begin sending out to print mags. I have been married 2 years and we have 2 dogs.

suzanne
    Participant

Suzanne Fyhrie Parrott

I just published “Ebook Formatting Kit” for Authors. It enables authors to self-publish your book to EPUB and MOBI (Kindle.) But I also have over 30+ years graphic design & advertising , 14+ years html coding and website design experience. The book include adding all the requirements needed by all e-tailers, including a clickable TOC, logical TOC, chapter breaks, and the file Validates using epubcheck – a requirement by Apples ibook store.

I have been writing non-fiction for years and am working on publishing my first fiction novel in the spring.

I live on the Oregon coast with my husband and love to read, write, illustrate, and walk on the beach looking for fossils.

for more about me you can visit my site: http://www.UnrulyGuides.com/

valrfederoff
    Participant

As I was raiding 3 children I worked part time jobs while my husband worked. I felt like I was wasting my college education. When I heard there was a need for teachers I got another degree; now there is no longer a need. I love writing so when I’m not substitute teaching I’m writing.

I also took courses at Writers Institute; just finished Writing for Children and Teens, am now taking Break Into Print.

I’m married 40 years and am expecting second grandchild. I loved scouting and still love nature, green living and outdoor activities.

kristiann81
    Participant

I’m 30 and am a sports business reporter for ESPN. I have two non-fiction being published next year. The first is about the business of college football and is being published by Wiley. The second is about collective bargaining in Major League Baseball and is being published by McFarland & Company. I’ve had two very different experiences, as one is a large publisher and the other a small publisher.

When I’m not writing for ESPN or working on my non-fiction books, I blog about a variety of topics from career and networking advice for those looking to work in sports to random topics like how I felt about my recent long-distance move. I’ve also been working on a fiction manuscript for a few years and am embarking on complete rewrite #3. It’s a story I just can’t quit trying to write.

Although, as you can tell, I’m almost always writing, I do have other hobbies. I moved to an island recently and am enjoying birding, biking, jogging and just otherwise soaking in the sunshine!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.