Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Just for fun – Favorite Leading Men in Fanatsy or Sci-fi

Just for fun – Favorite Leading Men in Fanatsy or Sci-fi

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Just for fun – Favorite Leading Men in Fanatsy or Sci-fi

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

I thought it would be fun to see who everyone’s favorite leading men were in either the fantasy or sci-fi genre. I know, I know! It’s tough! There are just so many awesome leading men to pick from.

I’ll go first. Now this isn’t set in stone, and I reserve the right to change my mind, but at this exact moment I’d have to say Curran Lennart (the Beast Lord) in Ilona Andrews’ Kate Daniels series and Tybalt (the king of the Cait Sidhe) in Seanan McGuire’s October Daye series. Though I never feel like there’s enough Tybalt in these books. But maybe that’s all part of his charm – he’s still so mysterious even after four books.

I also really like Declan Reyes in Michelle Rowen’s Nightshade series. He’s not your typical “hot guy” and that only makes him more appealing.

So… um… yeah, it’s even tougher than I thought to narrow it down. Lol! πŸ˜€

Ooooo. Jericho Barrons (Faefever series), Bones (Night Huntress series), and Curran. In that order πŸ˜€

(Though I do have great love for Tybalt. I’m still reserving judgement on Declan…I might be a Matthias fan. Tricky men.)

xaenyth
    Participant

My favorite leading male is actually from Christine Feehan’s Dark series. It’s PNR, not straight fantasy, but if a guy has it all, it’s got to be Mikhail Dubrinsky.

Hot. Pushy. Sexy. Super duper powers and sharp teeth that he knows how to use.

I hardly ever read a book twice because I can never forget the story enough to make it interesting. I have, no lie, read Dark Prince like five times and found something even hotter about him every time.

I would leave my husband for him. In a heartbeat. Shh.

Bonnie
    Participant

Ilias in The Wizard Hunters by Martha Wells, the first book of a trilogy. Ilias and the main female character, Tremaine, have one of the most unusual relationships I’ve ever read about. Very understated yet terrifically suspenseful and sexy. I loved this trilogy so much that when I finished it, I immediately started reading again from the beginning. And I can’t wait to read it again.

elizabeth
    Participant

Kristen: I SECOND the Tybalt nomination. Yummmmm…and like you, I can’t get enough of him. I am actually a little bit disappointed that the next book appears to focus on Connor. I mean, he’s nice and all, and I have a thing for selkies, but….Tybalt. We need more of him.

This is from a movie, but he’s so frickin’ hot I have to mention him: Prince Nuada from Hellboy II. There. I said it. He’s a sidhe prince in exile bent on killing all of humanity, but man is he hot. All that dark charisma…his broken view on the world and how he’s still idealistic….*wipes the drools off her chin*

From the Harry Dresden series, Thomas Raith. Yes, he’s an incubus. Yes he might kill me. But man is he hot. Also, I love his playful sense of humor.

No, I don’t have a thing for bad boys. Why would you say that? *innocent look* they have to be NICE bad boys, if you know what I mean. None of those abusive jerks.

Barbara G.Tarn
    Participant

I’m biased, I like my own heroes! πŸ˜‰ Although only Air is already out for public consumption, but next year I’ll issue a couple more.
    If I can throw in graphic novels, I’d say I love Thorgal the Viking, the beautiful beautiful couple D’mer/Seren of A Distant Soil and the anti-hero (ugly, dirty, everything you don’t want in a man, but still charming) Lusiphur of Poison Elves.

Anonymous

@miranda: Wholeheartedly agree with you on Jericho! And I just finished Bloodlust and I might be with you on the Matthias front as well. πŸ˜‰

@elizabeth: I know! I was sooooo disappointed to find out it’s going to be a Connor book. He seems OK. But let’s face it – he’s no Tybalt! Lol!

@barb: I agree. We need to show some love for our own fictional leading men! After all, how could we ever make the time commitment it takes to write their stories if we didn’t have huge soft spots for them and maybe major crushes on them. πŸ™‚

@nacrea: I just added The Wizard Hunters to my TBR. πŸ™‚

@xaenyth: Christine Feehan’s Dark series has been on my radar for a long time but I’ve never taken the plunge.

So while I’m adding to this post I’ll throw out two more. Kier from the Warlands series and Valek from the Study series. There, I’m done… I think… at least for now. Lol!

Anonymous

Peeta (The Hunger Games). He’s definitely the hero of 21th century.
    Then there’s Percy (Percy Jackson) and Gregor (Gregor the Overlander) but they’re still boys or kids, so I think they don’t really count. πŸ˜€

Mostly, I like the female heroes more.

kailerhasfangs
    Participant

Andrew “Ender” Wiggin. A child genius and a charismatic leader who remarkably avoids becoming a Gary Stu.

Rodrigo, of David Feintuch’s duology “The Still” and “The King.” He starts out a whiny, insufferable, worthless brat of a prince and is forged into a responsible, (mostly) compassionate king.

um, this one is a leading rabbit but he’s still a guy, so I’m counting him… Hazel, of Watership Down. Running the show with not wits, not brawn, but courage and charisma.

jessicafriday
    Participant

Drizzt Do’Urden. No question. For me, anyway πŸ™‚

emily
    Participant

Andrew β€œEnder” Wiggin, oh yes! Mikhail Dubrinsky. Malcolme Slaine from Kresley Coles Demon from the dark. Knocker from The Borribles series. Fitz from Robin Hobbs Assasins series. Oh I think I fall a little in love with the male lead from every book I read. Lol!

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.