Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / last chapter blues

last chapter blues

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Romance / last chapter blues

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

emily
    Participant

I’ve reached the last chapter of my book and all of a sudden, I can’t write. I’m stuck, frozen. I’ve had this scene in my head for months and now it’s all falling apart. HELP!!! How do I get through this?

indigograce
    Participant

I wonder if through the writing process your characters have changed what you originally intended and now need/demand a different ending? Maybe the ending doesn’t fit anymore and you’re trying to force them into a situation. Possibly? Or maybe what you need is time to just sit back and let it simmer for a bit. Re-read through the chapters leading up. See if this is the natural progression. If it is, then it will come to you. If not then your characters will lead you to the right ending for them. Fingers crossed for you… I hate when I get stuck and don’t know where to go!

laura
    Keymaster

Emily… I feel you. Indigograce has some great points. Otherwise it might be that you don’t want it all to end?!
    How about outlining it first and then filling in the gaps? Or trying to write 1 or 2 different versions than the one you had in mind and then try for the original plan. Your creative process might have moved on and that’s okay to change course.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.