Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Long Term CP for YA fantasy

Long Term CP for YA fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Long Term CP for YA fantasy

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

katrinamaxwell
    Participant

Hey!

I’m looking for a long term CP to critique my YA fantasy novel. I’m looking for someone to help critique all aspects of the story from plot progression, to character arcs down to highlighting awkward phrasing and redundancies. Of course I’ll do the same in return, but word of warning I’m not really good at sugar coating.

As for my MS, I don’t have a formal synopsis prepared, but in general its about a 17 year old boy, Jake Arthur, who’s mother and father have gone through a particularly nasty divorce in which the mother tried to commit suicide. Since then Jake and his mother have moved from Las Vegas to South Carolina. Jake has been hiding from his mother that he has visions, which started in the courtroom once the divorce was finalized, because he’s afraid she’ll hurt herself again. These visions escalate until Jake is dragged into a magical world plagued by war between the two feuding territories. By day he’s a normal student trying to protect his mom and at night he’s a warrior trying to save a world he barely knows.

I know that’s a very rough, but hopefully it gives you a sense of what DREAM SIGHT is about.

Thanks. Kat

nenlyxan
    Participant

Whoa, that sounds incredible! Also, thanks for being upfront about the lack of sugar coating!

When it comes to reviewing books, I don’t sugarcoat, but I also don’t blast (though…there was that *one* exception…but that book was so terrible I get angry just thinking about it). And when it comes to crits…all the more room to be honest! Tact is still important, of course, but when it comes to publishing, you’ve only got one shot to make your novel the best it can be.

I’m ok with having a CP that dishes out the truth before the rest of the world does it for him/her!

I’m interested in further considering being the CP you’re looking for. That sounds awkward….Rephrase: if you’re interested in getting to know me a bit more before “committing” to something long-term, I’m interested in doing the same. 🙂

mostcommonlastname
    Participant

Hey, if you’re still looking for a CP, I’d love to do a first chapter exchange to see if we mesh. I’m also in the midst of editing a YA Fantasy and I also don’t subscribe to the sugarcoating school of criticism. If you want more info or would like to give an exchange a go, let me know. Thanks,

Lauren

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.