Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Long term CP group YA Literary/Fantasy/SciFi

Long term CP group YA Literary/Fantasy/SciFi

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Long term CP group YA Literary/Fantasy/SciFi

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rmurphy
    Participant

I would like to begin building a small group (3-4 writers) of YA Literary/Fantasy/Scifi (all subgenres within those are great too).

The goal would be to take turns swapping and discussing work, to encourage and support, and to give HONEST feedback. Cannot be afraid of harsh, constructive critiques.

Ideally, the group would all be moving toward publishing. I’ve been writing for 4 years and read around a hundred YA books a year. My day job for the last seven years has been teaching science to middle school students. I have queried 2 novels in the past and have gotten to the partial stage, so I’m still chugging along.

Age is not an issue for me, as long as the feedback and communication is mature. Also, connecting via twitter and websites/blogs would be ideal for support. (I’m getting back into it myself).

A mini synopsis for the start of my current project (YA Urban Fantasy) is: Since computer geeks with gymnastics experience have zero chance of being popular, sixteen-year-old Hudson gets desperate and loads a virus onto his school network. When it works, he isn’t made famous or awarded second-base with the hottest girl as promised – he’s expelled. Thankfully, that same virus earns him a spot at the exclusive Provectus Institute, where prodigies plan their futures in luxury. But even this nerd-paradise has a social ladder, and Hudson’s determined to fit in for once.

If you’re interested in forming a group, please pm me 🙂

reginacastillo
    Participant

I am looking for a CP. I have a finished MS and would like help with my Query.
    Thanks!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.