Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Look for a CP for a High/Flintlock Fantasy novel

Look for a CP for a High/Flintlock Fantasy novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Look for a CP for a High/Flintlock Fantasy novel

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mozee
    Participant

Hi, all!

I’m looking for a critique partner for a novel that sits somewhere between High and Flintlock Fantasy, with Regency-like manners and some swashbuckling mixed in for good measure. This is the first of three related novels (most of the themes tying them together fall under High Fantasy, though this book, in particular, leans more toward adventure/manners).

I’m about 42k words into an 85k re-write and am struggling with focusing on that other half. Ideally, I’m looking for someone who’s willing to check in either weekly or bi-weekly in addition to critiquing prowess.

A quick summary of the novel: When the heir to a large fortune goes missing, his widowed mother calls upon the best resource she has to find him–a coffee and tea trading company. The widow, her lawyer, and a reluctant sea captain face off against foppish princes, blood-thirsty sirens, and more magic than they ever wanted.

If you’re interested, let me know. 🙂

heleng221
    Participant

Hi,
    Your novel sounds really interesting. Have you found anyone to critique it yet?
    Helen

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.