Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for 2-3 writers for a low-maintenance critique group

Looking for 2-3 writers for a low-maintenance critique group

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for 2-3 writers for a low-maintenance critique group

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

amelody
    Participant

HI, friends! My name is Allison. I am an aspiring novelist and also a college student, which means, much as I love writing, it isn’t my #1 priority right now. That being said, I still want to advance my skills via a critique group, preferably but not necessarily made up of other college students.

Send me a message if you are 1. interested in forming a critique group, 2. super busy, and 3. want to write together in a laid-back, low-stress, and supportive atmosphere, with the understanding that school comes first.

rkissane
    Participant

Amen sister friend. Yes, I am interested in a critique group. Yes again, I am busy with work and wedding planning and am heavily involved in my sports team. Yes please, I would love a critique partner(s) who understand that I am going to have to put my current career and fiancé first but that I absolutely love to write. I only just (last year) successfully left the academic life so I know exactly what all that entails and how much time it demands in order to keep your sanity and your grades.

I am not yet finished with my novel (3/4 by my draft estimates) but I have enough to start critique work I believe. My current work is adventure fantasy but I have experience in other genres.

Would you like to swap a few chapters to see if we are a good fit?

Reilly

m-nemeth23
    Participant

Hi there! I just joined this website hoping to find a low key group to join as I’m working 2 jobs and have a boyfriend/friend group that occupies a majority of my free time so I don’t get to write every single day. I’m at the very beginning of my project which is a new adult fantasy and I’d love to join ya’ll if you’re still looking for people 🙂

-Megan

thestargazer
    Participant

Hey there,
    what you propose is exactly what I’m looking for. I love writing with all my heart, but I’m also really busy with university. My fantasy novel is complete, but I’m doing heavy editing at the moment and would really appreciate the opportunity to discuss the story with like-minded writers. Are you still looking for members?
    Sabrina

amelody
    Participant

Dear all,

Between these and the private messages I received, there has been a really overwhelming response to this post! I am thrilled that there are so many writers in the same boat as me. Quite early into this process, however, I found a new critique partner and so retire from this site. Please do message each other, though, and find a critique partner! Write your manuscripts! Live your dreams!

Much love and best wishes,
    Allison

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.