Home / Forums / List of Forums / Christian Fiction / Looking for a CP/accountability partner for category Christian Romantic Suspense

Looking for a CP/accountability partner for category Christian Romantic Suspense

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Christian Fiction / Looking for a CP/accountability partner for category Christian Romantic Suspense

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

tammyj
    Participant

Thanks for reading. I’m currently working on a 55,000 word book for Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense and looking for a critique partner(s). I have published one book with Harlequin Love Inspired Suspense but been stuck in a rut of not being able to finish book two for a couple years now. I am hoping finding someone to exchange pages/brainstorm with will help me over this hump and give me the push to get writing again. I wouldn’t necessarily be looking for a published only partner, but I would prefer someone who meets all or most of the following:

1) reads or has read Love Inspired or Christian suspense (and enjoys it) Or at least is familiar with the sorts of books Harlequin publishes. Understanding the different expectations of what they are looking for in a Christian book would be very helpful though.
    2) has been writing and pursuing publication for at least a few years. (I have been writing off and on for over 20 years – it was over 15 years before I sold my first book)
    3) is close to my age range (53) so there’s the possibility to form a writing friendship. I know this could happen with a younger person too, but it would be nice to be able to occasionally chat about some of the same life issues and experience.

I would love someone to swap pages with on a very regular basis (maybe a couple times a week) to get myself motivated and in the groove again and hopefully that would be something that would be helpful to someone else as well. I would also hope that person would be available for occasional brainstorming and talking through plot problems. My perfect critique partner would be someone I got along well with and could also form a writing friendship.

My critique style is more of a read through for pacing and plot with a few grammatical corrections when spotted. That would be the sort of critique I’d be looking for in exchange. I don’t need an in depth correction of every possible comma out of place, but more of a read for if it’s flowing and interesting and mostly makes sense.

I would be more comfortable reading the same style of writing, but I like most kinds of Christian or sweet romance. I don’t mind a little spice, but I’m more comfortable books targetting Harlequin. (or at least that basic style) I am not comfortable with Historical, YA, erotic or non-fiction.

I’ve been writing without a partner for several years now and feel like I’m missing out. I have writing friends, but I’m hoping I can form a connection that will motivate and keep us both writing. With that in mind – I really want to find someone who is a good fit. Finding that is important. If we don’t mesh well, it becomes more of a hassle and will probably not help either of us, so I need someone who understands it may not feel right and won’t have hard feelings. If you’re interested, contact me and we’ll go from there. Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.