Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Looking for a CP for my women’s fiction novel

Looking for a CP for my women’s fiction novel

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Women’s Fiction / Chick Lit / Looking for a CP for my women’s fiction novel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Jade
    Participant

Hi All!

Looking for a CP to read my MS *Blind Accidents* (working title) and critique as I would like it ready to query by the end of the year.

A general synopsis:

Tanner Lighty is finally turning his life around after mourning the deaths of his wife and daughter. He throws himself into his position as a police K9 handler and when he meets damaged and broken Michala Kirchner, he thinks she may finally be the one thing to put the pieces of his heart back together. What neither of them realize is that they share a dangerous secret that will threaten their relationship and everything they fought to overcome.

I would be willing to read/critique your MS in return. Please let me know if you’re interested! Thanks in advance!

jane
    Participant

Hi Jade,

Your MS sounds intriguing. It’s interesting to me that you wrote it from a male pov also. I’ve attempted writing from a male pov and found its really not easy to do (esp since I come from a family of all girls and have 3 daughters). I also write WF and enjoy reading WF as well as mysteries and thrillers. I have a handful of years of critique experience and would be interested in being a CP for “Blind Accidents”. Unfortunately, my writing computer is down and I can’t get to my manuscript (except for two old chapters on my thumb drive). So until I figure out what’s wrong with my computer, I have nothing for you to critique in return. If you’re interested, I give complete critiques that cover everything but please let me know if there are any specific areas you’d like me to pay special attention to (like plot holes, characterization, etc). It would also help to know how long the MS is and what kind of turn around you’re looking for. You can contact me via reply here or via my personal email @ jmkolar@gmail.com
    Thanks!
    Jane

uniquelymadbyhim
    Participant

Jane,

I am interested in becoming a CP, although you will be my first other than a local man who has swapped his WIP with me over the last year. Many moons ago, I was an Elem major with an English minor; I consider language arts to be my strength. (used to critique my friend’s letters in red ink. LOL.) I’m much older now and have begun writing my first novel, which is also from a male POV.

I like character driven stories with strong plots that keep the story moving. And I love a good romance. If you’d like to swap manuscripts, I’d enjoy the opportunity. I tend to be less schedule oriented but can and will complete something by deadline if you give me one. Also, if you might give me specifics about the aspects of your story that you want critiqued that would be helpful. I can be as “tough” or as “loose” as you’d like in my critiques. Not “tough” as in rude but I can tell you what works for me and what doesn’t. I’d hope for the same.

Right now, I have no other critique partners so I am available to devote my time to your WIP. Please email me at erica@senecal.com. That’s the quickest way to get a reply.

Erica

jane
    Participant

Hi Erica,

I’m wondering if you meant to address your message to Jade instead of myself. If my manuscript was accessible, I would snatch up your CP offer immediately. I write and enjoy reading character driven stories also and am wanting truthful (‘tough’) but constructive critiques. My plot… I guess its on the lazy side for lack of a better description but I have a purpose for that and I’m hoping the reader will ‘see’ and understand that as well as fall in like with the main character as the story progresses.
    But anyway, I think you meant your CP offer for Jade but I’d like to keep you in mind for a CP when my writing computer is up and running.
    Best wishes,
    Jane

uniquelymadbyhim
    Participant

Jane,

You are right. I meant to contact Jade but I’m glad I sent the note to you. I’d love to exchange offers when you are ready. We do sound like we have some things in common. Keep my email filed away for the future. Look forward to hearing from you!

Erica

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.