Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for a CP for YA Paranormal Romance

Looking for a CP for YA Paranormal Romance

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Writers Coffee Shop / Looking for a CP for YA Paranormal Romance

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

abodkin215
    Participant

Hello everyone!

I have been stalking around the site for a while and I finally feel ready to introduce myself and seek out critique partners.

I am currently working on a YA Paranormal Romance. It deals with learning to accept yourself and those around you, as well as trust issues.

I currently have 8 chapters completed, and I’m working on the 9th. It should be about 85K words in total when complete. I am looking for someone to swap chapters with as they are completed and get/ as well as give, detailed feedback on plot, pacing, and characters. I have noticed within my writing of other mss that my pacing tends to be either way too fast or it goes at a snails pace. So I am actively trying to work on that.

As far as what I like to read, I tend to lean towards YA any sub-genre, and Chick-Lit, Romance, and Fantasies. So I would be open to a CP who is working on any of those.

A little about how I critique, when I read through first I do it as a reader would, as if I just picked it up at the bookstore. Making notes to myself as what my reaction was as a reader, or where I stumbled or had a question. Then I read through a second time focusing on pacing, plot, structure, and will do an in-line critique. You will will get all notes from my reader perspective, as well as the in-line.

That may be a lot of information, and I kinda just word vomited all over the screen, sorry. But I look forward to meeting someone who can swap stories with and get feedback from!

amberntharris
    Participant

Hello,
    My name is Amber, and I am also working on a young-adult paranormal romance, maybe we could swap a few chapters?

abodkin215
    Participant

Hi Amber! Great! I sent you a PM.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.