Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for a CP on a Epic/High Fantasy WIP

Looking for a CP on a Epic/High Fantasy WIP

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for a CP on a Epic/High Fantasy WIP

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

ldnewton
    Participant

Hello everyone! I’m working on a heroine-driven High Fantasy currently as my WIP. I’d like a critique partner who is a lover of fantasy novels, maybe along the line of deeper speech like Jacqueline Carey or the like. Here is the working blurb of the book:

The Closing Fist. The light of the world of Altvaria, guided by the hand of King Esper and Voltira, the King’s Mage, and her caste of Magi. We all lived in wonder and beauty, surrounded by ancient countries housing the Fallen, Seraphins, Giants, and beings of wondrous power. I was born to this world. Perfect and matching in my beauty, but my black eyes denoted that I was ill-fated, and darkness born. I was cast out by the mother who should have loved me. Taken in by Voltira, also the Granddamme of the House of Avarice, and my destiny of greatness became known. A chance for a life unlike any I’d ever known, with a woman who could be the mother I never had.

And then the Feather of Truth went askew.

Am I to blame because the gods themselves created me to usher in change? Or am I evil and meant to be shattered into a million pieces? Am I to blame that a King’s unwanted get could stand to topple him and become my friend? Or that I could rip from him the very woman he loves above all else, simply because she raised me to do so? I know not. I do know that I will not bow easily as others plot my end. I will show them that those that bend do not always break and that I am what Avarice made me. What they nurtured. No one can take that away from me.

The name Kavion e’ Avarice will echo through history

emperatrix
    Participant

Hi there, just wondering if you’re still searching for a CP? I’m also working on a heroine-driven fantasy (mix of urban and high fantasy) and am searching for someone to trade critiques.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.