Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for a CP or Beta Reader for #Ownvoices Fantasy

Looking for a CP or Beta Reader for #Ownvoices Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking for a CP or Beta Reader for #Ownvoices Fantasy

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

erowene
    Participant

Hello, everyone! I’m looking for a CP or beta reader for my project “Fractured Magic.” I’m still working on writing it, so I would prefer exchanges to be weekly/every other week, but I AM happy to critique in return (I have a BA in English, have held multiple publishing internships, and I used to be a freelance editor). Regarding feedback, I’m only looking for general cheerleading or overall structural criticisms, NOT copyedits.

Fractured Magic is a gaslamp epic fantasy, heavily influenced by Patrick Rothfuss’ the Name of the Wind and Patricia McKillip’s writings, and contains lots of diversity, forward thinking, and LGBT representation. The synopsis is as follows:

When the King of Alfheimr is kidnapped by a magic-wielding creataian in a world where magic doesn’t– shouldn’t– exist, the alfar threaten war. To appease them, the world’s united council of species and peoples, called Unity, puts together a diplomatic team to negotiate King Nochdvor’s return. Unbeknownst to the alfar, however, Unity slips several of its most competent and ruthless soldiers into the team with a second, secret mission: find and take the magic at any cost, even if it means betraying the rest of the team or sacrificing Nochdvor.

Roman Hallisey, secretly the mysterious hero of stories known as Amarak, secures a place on Unity’s team as an area guide, determined to protect the creataians from Unity’s greed and get the magic– if it exists– away from both parties. Little does he know that this magic he seeks is the same kind as the magic an angel-like creature hid and locked away in his soul during his childhood. When, on the journey, this volatile magic somehow gets awoken, Roman has to make it before it corrupts and rots him from the inside out. If he fails, his friends– and enemies– may have to stop him.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.