Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for a CP / YA Fantasy

Looking for a CP / YA Fantasy

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Young Adult / Looking for a CP / YA Fantasy

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

amandamarie
    Participant

Hi! As the title says I’m searching for someone to work with for critiquing a manuscript / trading work. My current WIP is YA fantasy/adventure. I have 59000 words written so far, working towards a final word count of 70 – 80000 words. I’d love to find someone who could look over the work and give both general plot feedback and more specific world-building and character feedback. I would do the same for you. I read a lot of YA, mostly Fantasy, Urban Fantasy and Sci-Fi. If anyone is interested in doing a trade of the first few chapters please let me know and send a synopsis of your work along.

Here is my brief pitch, still a work in progress:

When Lacile uses forbidden magic to save the life of a wandering storyteller she is exiled from her comfortable life and set on a collision course with the Sorceress set on ruling over their kingdom, who also happens to be the mother who abandoned her years ago.

rebecca1430
    Participant

Hi Amanda,

If you’re still looking for a CP, I’d love to do a trial run and swap chapters to see if we’re a good fit. Your pitch sounds intriguing, and I love YA fantasy. I’m also looking for a CP to give some in depth feedback on my current manuscript. It’s a YA science fiction novel of about 75,000 words. I’m working on revisions right now. Here’s the working pitch:

Breaking into a high security space station and getting out with anything but cuffs on your wrists is impossible for most 26th century thieves, but Jez Starwisp isn’t your average thief. Formerly Jezebel of a Luddite colony where the most advanced tech was a butter churn, she knows her way around lock picks and other archaic tools top of the line security isn’t designed to handle. With her annoying android partner, Jez aims to become the best thief in the Stymphalian solar system.

Until, during a routine heist, a high profile delegate dies, and his murder is pinned on Jez. Now half the solar system is after her (not quite the infamy she wanted), and Jez is staring at the very real possibility of being sentenced to life on the inescapable prison planet. With the help of a bitter adversary, unscrupulous space pirates, and some old-fashioned skill, Jez has to clear her name, stop a murderer, and, oh, save a planet.

The Stymphalian system asked for a hero. They got a thief.

Let me know if you want to give it a try.

Rebecca

amandamarie
    Participant

Hi Rebecca,

I love your pitch, and I’d love to try working with you. I’ll send you a PM now.

Amanda

writezalot
    Participant

Hi Amanda and Rebecca, I too am interested in swapping chapters for critiques. My WIP is currently at 84k words and I have been shoveling through lots of revisions. I am now going page by page to revise and am maybe halfway through. Please contact me via email at writez4you@yahoo.com as I would love to hear from both of you. Here is the synopsis:

Moira has felt death’s cold fingers twice, but a third time nearly kills her and sets into motion a soul searching adventure of a lifetime.

Moira is rescued from Earth by Airi and Belamar, the angelic looking heirs to the throne of Skyfall, a world hidden in the farthest reaches of the universe, a paradise created by their Immortal Gods…that has fallen into ruin during a brutal war in their mysterious absence.

Broken, scarred, and haunted by a painful past, Moira must learn to trust the twins, to reach for the one thing that had always been brutally torn from her and crushed…happiness. They are told of a journal left by the twins’ deceased mother, Tanari, that tells of a prophecy that must be fulfilled to return THE UNKNOWN SUN so that Skyfall can be saved.

Deeper, darker secrets unravel around the three friends as a revolution unfolds that threatens to destroy Skyfall once and for all. Tanari knew more than she had let on and within her journal truths are exposed, a far reaching plan is unveiled, and even darker questions remain unanswered for the three friends.

Tanari was not a Skylander, but one of THE UNKNOWN SUN, an Immortal God, and her powerful gifts have been given to Moira so that she alone could free the Elder Immortals and save Skyfall. But who was behind the wars? And why did Tanari reach across time and space to entrust a simple mortal human girl with saving Skyfall? What did this all mean for the twin heirs as half God, half Skylander?

What Moira and the twins discover test not only her soul, but her life, as Moira relives every violent moment of the tragedies that killed her family. Only Belamar’s love and Airi’s loyalty save Moira and together the three fulfill Tanari’s prophecy and become who they are meant to be.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.