Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking For a Critque Partner

Looking For a Critque Partner

Home / Forums / List of Forums / Science Fiction & Fantasy / Looking For a Critque Partner

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

tauriawrites
    Participant

Hi! My name is Libby. I’m new to critiquing, but I have a lot of time to learn.
    I hope to find a partner who I can talk to on a regular basis—who I can share a love of writing with. Mutual support and encouragement, with plenty of excitement over each other’s ideas 🙂

My current WIP is a New Adult fantasy novel entitled To Become Her. It focuses on the journey of two sisters—one in the past, one in the present—and how they overcame their internal struggles to finally become the person they’ve always wanted to be.

Aishlynn Mynerva has always felt as if she lives in her younger sister’s shadow. No matter how hard she works, Alinora is always better than her. But now, Alinora is a shell of the girl she used to be. Bitter and angry; determined to push everyone away. Aishlynn has finally won. But when a mission goes awry, Aishlynn is catapulted into the future… And finds that Alinora was the one who took her place. Now calling herself Annie, she has blossomed into the perfect leader—everyone adores her, in a way they never did Aishlynn.

Aishlynn barely had time to adjust to the new standard before the final battle is upon them. Annie and her teammates sacrifice themselves to win the age old war—and Aishlynn is left alone.

Armed with only a map and a letter, Aishlynn must now track down the journals her sister left behind. She wants to know how the shell of a woman she left behind became the worlds most beloved hero—and how to do it herself.

I’m not very far in right now, and I’m writing it a bit out of order. (The past isn’t going to be told in chronological order, but I’m writing it that way.) Mainly what I would like right now is someone to be involved in the planning process—and who doesn’t mind taking a look at in progress drafts.

I am willing to take a look at in progress or completed novels—or work with someone who is only in the planning stages 😉

If you want a view of my writing style, I do have some chapters and snippets written that I can send. Just let me know if you’re interested!

[Warnings: LGBTQ+ characters, polyamorous relationship]

addy0601
    Participant

Hi! My name is Addy!
    Your story sounds really cool and I was actually looking for a CP and about to make my own post when I came across yours. You pretty much wrote everything I was going to write! I’m also looking for a partner to help with a WIP, which is still in its planning stages with only a few scenes actually written. Its a fantasy novel and I need to create a world from scratch so I would like a CP that I could talk to regularly. I definitely share your love for writing and I think we could work really well together!

I’m very bad at summaries but my story is basically about a world divided into 4 Elemental Queendoms (fire, earth, air, water). In this world the magic is bestowed upon four queens who must use it to protect their people and maintain order in the world. Each queen must produce a female heir and when the heir turns nineteen they must sacrifice the mother in order for the power to be passed on. On the day of the day of the fire heir’s coronation her mother disappears and her power along with her. With the magic gone the fire queendom starts to fall apart and she has to set out to find her mother or to get her power to save her people.

It’s much more complicated than that, that’s just the bare bones. I intend it to be a series since I have three more queendoms to explore but I have so much planned and tend to get overwhelmed. So I need someone to stick with me and help talk things out and be able to bounce ideas off of each other. But I also need honesty, so I can improve my writing.

I’m definitely willing to do the same for you, to provide encouragement and support and help with what you need for your story, and I think your story sounds really cool! I hope to hear from you soon, if you want a sample of my writing I’d be happy to send it!

Thanks!
    Addy

tauriawrites
    Participant

Oh wow, that sounds like an interesting idea. I’ve always been a big fan of stories that put a big focus on the elements–it’s almost guaranteed to make me pick up a book. I definitely understand getting overwhelmed.

I’d love to talk more–would you prefer email, Skype (or any IM service), or the messaging service on here?

addy0601
    Participant

I think email would work best if we’ll be sharing our writing. I’ll send you my email in a private message though. If there is another way you’d prefer though, that’s fine with me!

tauriawrites
    Participant

Email sounds good to me! And I was going to suggest the same thing 🙂

aldreaalien
    Participant

Hi, I don’t know how many CPs you’re after but… If you’re looking for one more and wouldn’t mind reading something that had erotic elements in it, then… I’m available. My stories not complete yet. Chronologically, I’m on chapter eight, but have 134k words so far.

The blurb goes:
    For twenty-nine years, Dylan’s life in the spellster tower of Demarn has been one of endless magic lessons, frequent dalliances with women, and staying just far enough on the side of good to avoid being singled out as a threat to the overseers. He longs for freedom, but his only chance lies in becoming a leashed weapon for the king’s army. A chance he readily takes.

But it wasn’t meant to be like this.

When a routine scouting mission goes awry, Dylan is left unleashed and alone. Terrified he’ll be branded a deserter and prey for the King’s Hounds, he struggles to make his way back to the safety of the tower. But as the whispers of a strange armed presence in the north grow the closer he gets to the tower, what was once a scarcely-imagined threat to his home may be all too real. If home is no longer the haven it once was, is anywhere safe anymore?

[There are LGBTQ+ characters in mine, too, but no polyamory. Although one guy is polyamorous.]

tauriawrites
    Participant

Erotic elements don’t bother me! I’d be happy to have a second critique partner, and your story sounds really interesting.

How would you prefer to communicate–instant message, email, or some combination of the two?

aldreaalien
    Participant

Email will be best…

aldreaalien1 [at] gmail.com

tauriawrites
    Participant

Alright. I’d prefer not to post my email in the forum, so I’ll send you an email. Would you like to exchange a chapter?

aldreaalien
    Participant

Sure, send it over. Would you prefer I sent mine straight away or wait until I’m done reading it? I warn you, it’s long.

tauriawrites
    Participant

Go ahead and send it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.